User Avatar Image

Walking Dead, unable to play.

posted by 81RED on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

"Click to continue". PAUSE. Buzzing of flies. PAUSE. "Your Telltale account does not have a license for this game, would you like to purchase one?". NO, I just want to play the game I bought and paid for.

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same for me, though I did buy a license and already played through the whole first five episodes. That's pretty annoying.

• I purchased the game on my computer and downloaded DLC for my mac! I spend over several hours trying to download and when it reaches 98% it pauses! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I contacted support@telltalegames.com several times and NO RESPONSE just an automated response via email that gives me a worthless ticket number! I feel like I have been robbed!

• Think I migth have closed the game yesterday by alt F4, so I cut not connect earlier today, but it was fix after i reinstalled the game, keep my old setting, hope it helps, :)

• @Arthis said: Think I migth have closed the game yesterday by alt F4, so I cut not connect earlier today, but it was fix after i reinstalled the game, keep my old setting, hope it helps, :)

I tied reinstalling just now, no luck for me unfortunately >:

• User Avatar Image
    Mir

I'm having the exact same problem and I tried everything without any luck. I'm pretty desperate since I purchased and loved The Walking Dead, was overexcited with 400 days, and now that is finally out I can't not only play it but also won't be able to play again a game I paid for and loved. :(

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

Please restart your computer and try again at another time. It's possible that you tried connecting during a time when our site was getting a lot of traffic or possibly the server was down for short time.

• I finally got it working, maybe this will help someone else, i dont know.

I tried starting up the walking dead again but still said i had no license, then i decided to launch another telltale game to see if it was having the same problem, so i launched jurassic park, it asked me to sign in, and game worked fine, right after i went and launched walking dead and this time walking dead actually asked me to sign in (it hadnt been before) and then everything went fine from there.

Not really sure if getting jurassic park going had anything to do with it or if it was just random, but its worth a try.

• Same issue with me, "Your Telltale account does not currently have a license for this game. Would you like to go to the Telltale Games website to purchase the game now".

I pre-ordered Walking Dead with the 'Almost Everything Pack' on 3/26/2012.
    (Until the '400 Days dlc for free' email, I have just been using the steam version which was given out when issues with this website prevented TWD downloads at launch).

Any assistance in fixing this glaring issue would be very appreciated.

Add Comment