User Avatar Image

400 Days (Season One DLC) review / discussion thread - SO MANY SPOILERS

posted by puzzlebox on - last edited - Viewed by 29.6K users

Hey guys, thanks for playing The Walking Dead: 400 Days! This thread is dedicated to all your spoilery review / general discussion goodness. Have at!

No need to tag spoilers here, the whole thread will be full of 'em. Looking for the spoiler-free thread? It's here.

225 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bioshock Infinite WD said: Does anyone know how to get Leland to come with you if you are honest, someone said it can be done, it may because I said to get over it he does not come, and if that is the truth then damn it I should be less honest, but I still have a little bit of Lee in me.

I was honest and he came with me, but i don't remember exactly what i said. When he turns around to pick up the bag i said "we can't stay here forever" i think, and i tried to be as nice as possible, saying it was an accident, I'm sorry etc..

Telling Leland to get over his recently murdered wife is not very convincing. :p

• That was most likely a bad choice on my part, did the stats at the end say you told the truth or did it say you lied since Leland came with you.

• My stats screen says "You and 25% of players were honest." Perhaps you have to say you need him after saying it was an accident? I'm not sure.

• The thing that got me was I wasn't sure wether or not that guy really raped that girl. He seemed less douchey than Justin. But I regretted picking him because I chose a possible rapist over a thief. If I played it again, I would've chosen Justin, maybe..

• As I understand it, this game is a parallel story of the game the walking dead, the graphics are excellent but I thought it lacked a bit of horror and action. Otherwise the game is great and I loved it, I hope you have more of these surprises made ​​by telltale games.

• i couldn't see eye to eye for any of them.

vince leaves whoever he shoots.

wyatt leaves his friend, plus the whole winning the RPS game when both feel they should go has the opposite effect (loser goes).

russel doesn't help the people whom he 'captured.'

it is obvious that it is the wife before she strikes, and you have to or die (then there is no option to call out to her, or after striking to take the stance that she was only performing self defense), which i guess is not really a character issue per se.

shel seemed to have an issue with killing someone who betrays the group, or just leaves them to die, pretty much why i didn't trust ben after he went behind the groups back (though he didn't do anything selfish, or knowingly harm the group).

i tried to do what i thought was right, but with such drastic options with little info to go on and both wrong in my opinion (not saying they were wrong for everyone's morals mind you) meant that the decisions didn't seem as meaningful, and the characters seemed more flawed than in season 1, but hey it is only a $5 DLC. they earned at least that amount from the first game alone, not that the DLC wasn't worth the $5.

• @Baddestsupercec said: Here's how you get everyone. I tested it.
    Shoot Danny's knees. He's the rapist.
    Let the guy go and drive away.
    Lie about Dee.
    For the Russell and Wyatt you have to say you have to say they might find people they know when you find them at the camp.

Vince = Shoot Danny's ankles
    Wyatt = Stay in the car. If not, let Tavia say the "you might find friends and families" dialogue
    Russell = he won't join regardless of his actions in his story, unless you also let Tavia say the "you might find friends and families" dialogue
    Bonnie = she'll join regardless of her actions
    Shel = do not kill Stephanie and drive off, regardless whether she voted to let the stranger go or kill him

• I just got done with the first play through. But on the episode where you hit a guy with the car, I noticed the cloth attached to the window was denim. Similar to Lee's shirt? I know it's a stretch, but why include something like that if it wasn't a connection.

Also, I'm not sure if the time frames add up, like I said, first playthrough.

• @FAVREFAN said: I just got done with the first play through. But on the episode where you hit a guy with the car, I noticed the cloth attached to the window was denim. Similar to Lee's shirt? I know it's a stretch, but why include something like that if it wasn't a connection.

Also, I'm not sure if the time frames add up, like I said, first playthrough.

Nah, it's a black cop that you hit, not Lee

• First off, I am a huge fan of Telltales' The Walking Dead. And I never minded paying five dollars for each episodes, because they were long, and they were emotionally intriguing. But when Telltale came out with the 400 days episode, I was very disappointed. Not only was it extremely short, it all didn't make much sense to me. It also left the player with a, "what happened next?" question in each of the small stories. Yes, I could figure out how some of the characters in 400 Days were involved in Season 1. But it is extremely hard to calculate when these events happened in chronological order in sequence to the Season 1. I mean, in this episode pack, each story started out with "Day blah-blah", but because it doesn't say the day in the actual story, it is hard to piece the small stories into the main story. Honestly, I think Telltale wasted their time on this episode. I didn't get the same 'feel' that I got when I played the others. The set up of 400 Days is very misleading compared to Season 1. I think that Telltale should have been a bit more clear on each characters background, and spent more time developing them instead of just dropping it down and mushing it all together to make a "quick, get to the point" type episode. I certainly did not enjoy this episode and certainly did not enjoy watching my money go down the toilet while playing each story. I expected a lot more than what I got. This has to be the worst episode they have ever put out. I hope that the first episode in Season 2 comes free with this lousy purchase to compensate for the trash they put out there.

I'm going to have to rate 400 Days a 4/10

But this is just my opinion. I would like to know what others think about it and their rate.

Add Comment