User Avatar Image

Anyone else disappointed in the coverage TellTale has given The Wolf Among Us?

posted by DrChem on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I certainly am, we haven't gotten any piece of information in awhile and since this is coming out in summer it makes me even more nervous that they figured out it sucked and are just quietly releasing it.

94 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Weeksy said: I go back to this ^^^ - I would guess that something has gone awry here - licensing issue; bugs; development schedule etc. but it seems very unusual that it seems to have just disappeared.

E3 for Telltale seemed to be only focused on "The Walking Dead", either "400 Days" or the PS Vita release...

This seems the most likely..bugs..or something wrong with the game that is stopping it from being released..

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

In case anyone is wondering, I moved the King's Quest/Activision discussion to this thread in general chat.

As for the topic at hand, I must admit that I'm disappointed that there weren't any announcements of any Telltale hosted Fables panels at the San Diego Comic Con this year. I really hope that Telltale has significant booth space dedicated to The Wolf Among Us there. It will be really disappointing if it's all just dedicated to The Walking Dead again, especially considering the game's supposed to release soon.

They can make the release date (as I said, there's still quite a bit of time left), but this franchise deserves more than a squeak of publicity. Especially considering that Fables doesn't have the built in fan base that The Walking Dead does.

• @Jennifer said: In case anyone is wondering, I moved the King's Quest/Activision discussion to this thread in general chat.

As for the topic at hand, I must admit that I'm disappointed that there weren't any announcements of any Telltale hosted Fables panels at the San Diego Comic Con this year. I really hope that Telltale has significant booth space dedicated to The Wolf Among Us there. It will be really disappointing if it's all just dedicated to The Walking Dead again, especially considering the game's supposed to release soon.

They can make the release date (as I said, there's still quite a bit of time left), but this franchise deserves more than a squeak of publicity. Especially considering that Fables doesn't have the built in fan base that The Walking Dead does.

Fables is a great story. And honestly from the "sample voice over" work from the other thread I'm excited. Whoever is playing Bigby does a good job with the noirish voice. It isn't perfectly how I read him, but close enough that I can really enjoy it. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Just like puzzlebox said over there - that's just fan made, nothing official... :o

• At this point, I don't really expect to hear much out of TTG until about week before the release. Frankly, even the Game Informer article is more than I would've expected.

Here's what I find curious though. TTG has said that TWAU will be released this summer. They've also said that TWD Season 2 will be released later this year. For the sake of argument, let's just give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that those estimates are relatively accurate. Let's also assume that they're going to follow the traditional Telltale formula (5 episodes released roughly once per month). That would mean that even if Telltale surprises us and releases TWAU by the end of July, it wouldn't wrap up until around November or December. So does that mean that they're planning on running two concurrent episodic adventure games? Have they ever done that before?

I know that I personally will be getting both games either way, so getting them both at the same time suits me just fine. But it does strike me as odd. Don't most publishers try to avoid that sort of "competing with yourself" scenario?

Of course, the other possibility is that one of them will get bumped back to 2014. Which would make me sad...

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@magodesky said: That would mean that even if Telltale surprises us and releases TWAU by the end of July, it wouldn't wrap up until around November or December. So does that mean that they're planning on running two concurrent episodic adventure games? Have they ever done that before?

Simultaneous releases were always Telltale's goal, and they have recently affirmed that they're just about to achieve it. They haven't really done it before (granted, the last episode of Wallace & Gromit released after the first episode of Tales of Monkey Island), and I have my doubts if it's already possible... :o

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

Telltale has been saying in multiple interviews that they are almost ready to try multiple releases and the only thing stopping them right now is that they want to make sure Fables is not affected by save problems as Walking Dead season 1 was.

• Interesting. I was not aware of that.

I suppose they could be approaching it similar to the way that comic book publishers try to build up a range of titles. DC doesn't stop publishing Batman just because they've got a Superman title running at the same time after all.

Then again, I usually only follow one or two particularly interesting comics because I can't afford to read them all. And those are only about $3 per issue.

• I'm guessing its going to come out mid-August...

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Blind Sniper said: Telltale has been saying in multiple interviews that they are almost ready to try multiple releases and the only thing stopping them right now is that they want to make sure Fables is not affected by save problems as Walking Dead season 1 was.

I would like to have a source for that please. Just one of those 'multiple' would suffice. :)

Add Comment