User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.9K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well it feels like running into a brick wall over and over again if you don't know what you are doing.

• @der_ketzer said: 070.png

Whoa whoa whoa.

You make fun of the current pokemon but is fine with this?

• @Gman5852 said: Whoa whoa whoa.

You make fun of the current pokemon but is fine with this?

It's the really bad middle form. At least I only have to see it's back.
    Shouldn't be long until I find a Leaf-Stone and can transform that one to:
    071.png

Also played more Metroid and collected a ton of rockets, the Screw Attack and the Varia Suit. Man was I glad I remembered where that suit was. That one is hidden in an almost unfindable spot.
    Will try one of the bosses later. Was too chicken to face him earlier.

• User Avatar Image
    ArthurV Telltale Staff

My wife and I are obsessed with Animal Crossing: New Leaf. A good number of people here at the office play it. Good times.

• The problem with Animal Crossing is every time I turn on my 3DS I am unable to play anything else...
    Still I don't believe them when they say it eats into your real life...
    *looks at calendar
    *hides

• @Hudomonkey said: The problem with Animal Crossing is every time I turn on my 3DS I am unable to play anything else...
    Still I don't believe them when they say it eats into your real life...
    *looks at calendar
    *hides

*hand twitches at mention of AC*

• Currently playing GTA4.

Dang this game's story is long. It's not really compelling, it's just long. Too many story missions put in just for padding.

Also, I might well call this game Grand Theft Hire-A-Taxi, because driving all around the city all the time is getting to be such a chore that I now usually try to find the nearest cab to take me places instead. Travelling around the city in the Saints Row series is a lot more fun. What I wouldn't give to have a helicopter at my beckoned call (ie. not all the way across the city).

Whoever says GTA4 is better than Saints Row 2 in any way other than graphically has never played SR2. GTA4 has no ability to collect cars, cool or otherwise; does not make the ability to use aircraft convenient enough to bother with; pads the story way too much by getting way off track from the whole reason Niko is in America; makes driving around town boring; and has worthless sidetracking events like going bowling with your buddies which do nothing but try to artificially extend the gameplay that much longer...nevermind that these events are in no way interesting.

I was thinking that I might have waited until the game was finished so I could post this in the Rate the Last Game You Finished thread, but I'm thinking about these things right now so I thought I should say them while I remember them clearly.

• Currently trying to play Resident Evil 5. Played chapter 1-1 and currently do and don't want to continue. I want to continue because I've played every main RE game and I want to see what happens. I don't want to continue because I hate the gameplay. Having to stop to shoot baffles me and the non pausing inventory just does my head in. In the short time I've played I just ended up running around trying to find bullets then having to stop to reload or change weapon at which point I'm getting hammered by a massive guy with massive axe or something. This is just not fun.

I'm almost at the point of persevering just to experience the game (because as a fan of previous RE games I know the story will be crap but they are usually fun to experience) but if it's not fun then what's the point. Hell I'm considering watching a Lets Play instead and I generally don't like watching lets plays.

At least from the demo RE6 feels like it'll be more fun to play.

• It occurred to me tonight that the reason why I'm not enjoying GTA4 very much is because my interest is in knocking it off of my list of unfinished games on Backloggery. This means that I'm primarily focused on the story and not on just farting around town (perhaps with the Iron Man mod) and doing random stuff.

Suffice it to say, people enjoy GTA4 for the open-world-ness of it, not as much the story. Granted, the story doesn't suck; It's just the story missions get boring and frustrating when you focus too much on them.

• @Chyron8472 said: It occurred to me tonight that the reason why I'm not enjoying GTA4 very much is because my interest is in knocking it off of my list of unfinished games on Backloggery. This means that I'm primarily focused on the story and not on just farting around town (perhaps with the Iron Man mod) and doing random stuff.

Suffice it to say, people enjoy GTA4 for the open-world-ness of it, not as much the story. Granted, the story doesn't suck; It's just the story missions get boring and frustrating when you focus too much on them.

As soon as I have the money and get Saints Row The Third complete edition or whatever they call it, GTA4 is never going in my PS3 again.

Add Comment