User Avatar Image

IndieGameStand

posted by flesk on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

IndieGameStand is a new site for promoting indie games through 96 hour pay-what-you-want sales whenever a new game is released on the site. Many games will come with Steam and Desura keys according to the site. If you register before the launch September 26th you'll get the platformer Chester for free.

I think the concept looks pretty interesting, but then indie titles are pretty much the only games I play when it comes to modern games, besides my guilty pleasure Diablo 3.

150 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's been around for a while - I think it was in one of the Indie Royale bundles.

EDIT: Yep.

• I may give it a go. I may just do the make it a bundle.

• gc_1369945076_407.png

(Windows/Mac/Linux) (DRM-free/Desura)

Beat the average for:

Gentrieve 2 (Windows/Mac/Linux) (DRM-free/Desura)

[quote]3089 is a futuristic, procedurally generated, open-world action role-playing game.
    [...]
    You are a promising robotic android design, made by the Overlord, placed on planet Xax. Your performance in common combat, support & intel scenarios is being closely watched. However, will you become too much for them to handle? What else on planet Xax exists that the Overlord doesn’t know about?[/quote]

[quote]Gentrieve 2 is a “Metroid"-style 3D action game featuring completely random & customizable worlds. You first start out with very little, but for each boss you defeat, you obtain a new ability to access new areas![/quote]

• The latest game:

cat_lady_cover__medium.png

It's an adventure game I believe one of us forumites actually worked on. My memory may just be playing tricks on me again though, so don't quote me on that.

Beat the average (currently $1.61) to get the OST.

• Oh, right. I was going to post that, but I put it off and then forgot all about it. I've heard goog things about it, but horrors aren't my cup of tea.

• I think Darth Marsden has gotten lazy during his vacation:

gc_1373885159_407.jpg

(Windows/Mac/Linux) (DRM-free/Desura)

Beat the average for:

The soundtrack

[quote]Private Infiltrator is an arcade-like Stealth game that bears the Noir art style.

Private Infiltrator on Steam Greenlight:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92924211

In 1867, ASB was founded by a mysterious criminal figure. It was a private corporation and its sole purpose was global domination. Its intentions were masked to the public by the legitimate packaging business it had as a front. Another mysterious figure, rich, powerful and clever enough to deduce that ASB was behind the recent crime wave founded WEC, a corporation whose sole task was to prevent the ASB from achieving their goal. Since then, an invisible war was fought between these two private corporations. Over the years, WEC had been slowly disrupting the ASB's operations and preventing their plans from being materialised. After destroying most of the ASB's assets, WEC sent their best Agent to the heavily guarded ASB Base in order to destroy both it and what was left of the ASB once and for all. Private Infiltrator tells the story of what happened in that mission.[/quote]

Pay at least a dollar for the Desura key and a Steam key if the game gets greenlit on Steam.

• I was at work and so missed it going up.

Checking my emails was the first thing I did when I got back and, since that's how I learn about the latest deals, I was JUST about to post about it when I discovered you'd beaten me to it.

Not lazy, just poor timing. And laziness. :p

• Bam - back in the game.

gc_1362600473_407.jpg

[Quote]Pitman is a turn-based Rogue-like in boardgame style. Everything you desire is inside the randomized dungeons: Dwarfs, trolls, golems, treasures, potions, magic, hammer, bow, even more weapons, ... and don't forget the monster moles and pretzels![/Quote]

Beat the average (currently $1.75) to get the game on Android, the OSTs from all the games made by the developers, some wallpapers, the strategy guide to Pitman and the forthcoming game from the devs, Tri, which is a first=person exploration game still in Alpha.

• Oh! Has it been four days already? Good comeback. I like the art direction, but I'll have to look a bit more into it.

EDIT: Pro tip: If you include the saleId in your URL it will link to the correct game after the sale ends.

• @flesk said: EDIT: Pro tip: If you include the saleId in your URL it will link to the correct game after the sale ends.

Noted!

Add Comment