User Avatar Image

Poker night 2 (Xbox) keeps freezing - 'Press A to deal hand'

posted by SchmalContent on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

It keeps freezing randomly. For example both ash and claptrap busted and claptrap left the table and ash is still stuck at the table. They are all waiting for me to play. They all keep talking but only the start button works. None of the other buttons work, so I cannot continue my game. PLEASE PATCH THIS GAME!! I really want to play uninterrupted.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am experiencing this issue too. I am playing on the PC version, using an XBox360 controller. I have quit the game, gone back in using either M+K or controller to navigate and my tournament is stuck on the "Click/Press A to continue" screen of the poker table.

• This has just happened to me when ash was knocked out on a all inventory set. I was not pressing just waiting. The game doesnt freeze for me but the only working button is Esc/Start. I can not continue the tournament just like Harrier77

• I have also run into it freezing up while in game. It has happened when betting or when showing "press a for next hand" It happens off and on during game play and I notice if I exit out sometimes it will let me continue the tournament but others it makes me start over. Also just a suggestion and it may seem insignificant but it would be nice for the players to refer to our character as something other then gentleman since I am a woman. So maybe just refer to us as player or xbox live player. I noticed GlaDOS says "welcome gentleman and claptrap" also Brock and Ash have made comments that refer only to men. Again just a suggestion and love the avatar unlocks. Thank you for your time.

Xbox 360 version
    Texas Hold'em

• I'm having the same issue. Brock and Ash went out at the same time. I have restarted my Xbox. Any new information?

• Two months later and it's still not fixed? What the heck?

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

We still believe this to be a very rare issue. The way the in-game saves work, if you close the game and reopen it, then reload the tournament, a new hand should be dealt. We understand the impact this has on players and are actively trying to reproduce this issue with the hope of finding a quick solution. Until that time, we recommend backing up your save game on a memory stick after each tournament and exiting the game every so often.

We are always looking for more information in order to help create a solution to this issue If you can provide any more information about what was happening right before the freeze, what deck/felt/chips you were using, and how long you were playing before the freeze, it may aid in finding a solution. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Just had this happen to me on a PC using a 360 controller twice in one day, both playing Hold em with the sam and max table set. The weird thing is I've played the game for like, 12 hours with no issue, and now today it keeps happening. :( I have to exit the game and start a new tournament to get it to start again, which is of course annoying because you lose the game you were playing. Kind of depressing to find a thread that's this old and still no solution. :/

• Months of this happening and all we have gotten so far is a copy n past excuse from a previous response.

This can't be that rare if a lot of people are having the problem cross platform. I alone had it happen three games in a row and once before so far.

The only way around it is to start a new tournament.

I have tried changing skins, settings, and game play style, getting no correlation. I have not played excessively, It has happened on the first game I played today. The only thing that seems to be consistent is having one or more players bust out.

I would like to be more help and try to find more of a correlation but I am to the point where I don't want to even play this game that I paid money for. Which makes me very, very upset.

not happy and telling everyone, DrKnowMaD

• This has happens to me on two different PCs I own. One with a 360 controller, the other using the mouse. It's happened four times, each during different scenarios, and once when it was just me and Brock. Closing the game and reopening it does not fix the problem. If that was the fix I wouldn't mind the bug. But as of now I'm forced to lose the tournament and ruin my score. It makes the game unplayable for me.

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing. Thank you for the information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team as we are always looking for more information in order to help create a solution to this issue.

Add Comment