User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.9K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned

I can tell you right now, this (game? expansion? episode?) seems better than vanilla GTA4. No boring dating side-missions; no need to accrue respect from friends in order to enlist their help; and really what feels to me so far as a more interesting set of characters.

• @Chyron8472 said: Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned

I can tell you right now, this (game? expansion? episode?) seems better than vanilla GTA4. No boring dating side-missions; no need to accrue respect from friends in order to enlist their help; and really what feels to me so far as a more interesting set of characters.

Ugh, I hated Lost & Damned...worst game in the series since GTA2. Gay Tony is okay.

• @JuntMonkey said: Ugh, I hated Lost & Damned...worst game in the series since GTA2. Gay Tony is okay.

GTA2 is actually my favourite...:mad:

• Kerbal Space Program

I've been playing for two hours, and I really like this! :D
    (It has similar mechanics to Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts with the vehicle creation aspect, but its quite relaxing watching my rocket take off into space and eventually exploding >:D)

I'm quite proud to say that the PoopRocket Mk.7 managed to last an entire 6 and a half hours in space! :D

• @RetroVortex said: Kerbal Space Program

I've been playing for two hours, and I really like this! :D
    (It has similar mechanics to Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts with the vehicle creation aspect, but its quite relaxing watching my rocket take off into space and eventually exploding >:D)

I'm quite proud to say that the PoopRocket Mk.7 managed to last an entire 6 and a half hours in space! :D

Worth getting during the sale?

• @Hudomonkey said: Worth getting during the sale?

I haven't really played enough to judge tbh.

(I'm just dicking around with rocket parts)

But it has mods, and its early access.

I'd say try the demo.

• I just got the Journey Collection for the PS3. It includes flOw, Flower, and Journey by ThatGameCompany. I've only started playing flOw. Can't wait to play Flower and Journey.

• Half-Life. I'm just having a blast with this game. I die a lot because I'm terrible at shooters, but it's still fun to just walk up to random crap and see if it's going to murder you or not. Half the time, I find out what is a hazard by being killed or eaten by it at least once.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

The moral of the story is - if it's not blue or white (or, if you include blood, red), then it's going to kill you, so kill it first. There's some symbolism in there somewhere, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is is. *shrug*

Currently trying out a few city-building apps on Android, having been inspired by The Simpsons: Tapped Out. Oddly enough, it turns out that's probably the best of all of them - or at least, has the best introduction to the game.

I gave Jurassic Park Builder a go, but I flat-out couldn't log in to my Facebook account, and eventually tired it as a guest, only to realize that it wasn't my thing at all. Sigh. Next tried Ice Age Village, but that ran like crap on my tablet, so nope! I also tried... oh, what was it? Megapolis. Which didn't appeal for some reason. Too busy, I think.

I've gone with Paradise Island (which is a bit basic but seems OK so far) and The Smurfs Village (it's gotten so much press, I thought I'd give it a whirl). Not sure how long I'll keep playing them, but hey ho.

Add Comment