User Avatar Image

Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

posted by BrianBoyko on - last edited - Viewed by 5.4K users

Howdy. Just thought there might be some interesting places to mine for characters for Poker Night 3.

For example: Farscape. You could get the licence from Channel 9, it's famous enough to be known, obscure enough that the licence is available. Scorpius, Rygel, & Chiana, I think, would make the best choice of players.

From the Valve stable, I'm thinking Dr. Kleiner.

From Adult Swim/Williams St: Nathan Explosion, Master Shake, Cheryl Tunt (from Archer), BraK.

Miscellaneous: Pearl Forrester or Tom Servo from MST3K, Dark Helmet from Spaceballs... Elvira...

and finally...

Tommy Wiseau. As himself.

148 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ryu-Chan said: Host: Jon H. Benjamin from Jon Benjamin Has a Van.

:-P

• Oh oh umm hard choice, but any of these characters would be cool:

Telltale: Guybrush, LeChuck, Lee, Kenny, Carly or Doug
    Doublefine: Raz, Eddie
    Valve: Ellis, Zoey, Bill, Nick, Francis... (I think Nick would be best for a poker game) and more Glados tbh :P I love her

Characters that would never happen: Manny from Grim Fandango uwu

• Thomas from Thomas was Alone...

• Flint Paper, please. Alternatively, Norrington/Papierwaite from Sam and Max would be hilarious!
    Nelson Tethers
    Alyx Vance

• Came by, had a look, Wouldn't harm anyone if I made my version of who to feature in Poker Night 3.

From Gearbox's Borderlands series: Brick, Mordecai or Tiny Tina (How could this not work with Tiny Tina? She played a dungeon or dragon's a like game, so why not some poker aswell?)

From Valve's L4D series: Francis, Elis or Nick (I prefer Elis to be honest)

From Telltale's The walking dead series: Lee (Seriously, this is the only guy that popped into my head? Well got to be honest with ya, He's the only targeted character I know so far as by name)

From Valve's TF2 series (even though we had the Heavy, There has to be another one or two): Spy, Demoman or Scout

Other's from any series: Deadpool (He has to be in it. Even if he had 1 simple game so far, It wouldn't do any harm for him to be featured. Or will it?)

Dealer: Vaas (This won't end well for player's eliminated from the table)

• I'd say Sterling Archer, Shore leave from Adultswim {Venture Bros.}, Return of Claptrap maybe or Glados {eitherway archers scared of cyborg it would make funny commentary as well as conversation between Shore leave and Archer. Nick or Ellis from Left 4 dead Valve, maybe this time around an exclusive character for each console {sony: Nathan Drake from Uncharted, Microsoft: Biard from Gears of war, PC... idk}
    someone in the forum said Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse but i'd actually say Pickles or Murderface would be funnier lol..

out of all of those though i'd honestly just say Acher HAS to be on the next one. the guys a loose cannon, a secret agent, he's got a million references or lines that could work with most characters and he's the closest person to take Brock Sampson or Ash Williams spot.

• @Zombiescry4bry said: Shore leave from Adultswim {Venture Bros.}

Shore Leave? There are countless lovable Venture Brothers characters, and Shore Leave is one of them. But he is in no way recognizable enough to be playable. Before we could ever see Shore Leave, we would have to first see Rusty Venture, the Monarch, Billy Quizboy, Dr. Orpheus, Sgt. Hatred, and Henchman 21. Do you think all those characters could one day be at the Inventory? God I hope so. God I hope so.

• It would be cool if we would get a " Villains At The Inventory " game .
    - Skunkape ( Sam and Max )
    - Lechuck ( Monkey Island )
    - Barnsley Noble ( Hector )
    - Nate ( Walking Dead 400 Days )
    I can imagine the dialogue with Nate
    Nate : So Skunk , scale 1 of 10 .
    Skunkape : Excuse me ?
    Nate: Your queen , how would you rate her ?
    Skunkape : Rate her ?
    Nate: Like a nine right ?
    Skunkape : I'm not following you , and I don't even want to .
    Nate: Ten ?
    Skunkape: Please shut up .
    Nate: If you save five I'm gonna flip !
    Skunkape : Three .
    Nate decides to take his gun and shoots Skunkape but the bullet doesn't have any effects .
    Skunkape: Ha ! You stupid human , I can't be hurt by your pitiful earth weapon .
    Nate: Aw man , your just as annoying as that kid who I picked up on the road . Nice kid though .

• Hay I know everyone want to talk about who they want to be in poker night 3, yet there is one thing I want them to add in the most.
    MULTIPLY mode so we can play our friends.
    think about it when we choice the play our friends we pick one of the many chars they got on it. so what happens the chars do their auto play talks but we do the cards playing.

then depending on the background depends how we lose, like the book can eat us like in poker night 2 army of darkness background. or so on.

doesn't anyone want to be able to play with their friends on this and still play the chars as well?

• @Runnhurd said: Hay I know everyone want to talk about who they want to be in poker night 3, yet there is one thing I want them to add in the most.
    MULTIPLY mode so we can play our friends.
    think about it when we choice the play our friends we pick one of the many chars they got on it. so what happens the chars do their auto play talks but we do the cards playing.

then depending on the background depends how we lose, like the book can eat us like in poker night 2 army of darkness background. or so on.

doesn't anyone want to be able to play with their friends on this and still play the chars as well?

If you had read around these forums you would see that many people (myself included) are very against multiplayer. Poker Night is not a series where you should be able to play AS the characters. You're suppose to interact with them to hear the funny things they have to say.

Add Comment