User Avatar Image

Did Kenny? (Ep.5)

posted by SonnyN18 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.8K users

Does Kenny die when you don't save Ben at crawford? From what I'm hearing he dies either way. If that's the case how does Kenny go?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Honestly, I believe that Kenny probably made it. Well, depending on the ending, and what not- your choices. Because from what I hear, your choices will still carry-on over to Season two, no?
    So, I believe that due to my choices (practically Lee and Kenny were as tight as tight could be by the time of his death) that Kenny may have made it. I dunno. Maybe I'm stupid. Meh.
    But I know that the whole 'heroism' act that Kenny had was justified, due to the one fact of how Ben goes off whenever Kenny continues to blame him for everything.
    I mean; think about it like this. He thought about what Ben said there for a moment, not as a dude who hated the kid, but as a dad. That's what I believe. I think he may or may have not put Duck in the kids situation, thinking: "...Shit, that would be terrible.."
    So with his act of heroism, I believe he was trying to make up for it, and all that. Christa and them? Well, I only kinda liked one, and that was Omid. I really don't understand Kenny going: "HELL WELP I'LL DO IT."

But, with the act of him killing Ben (which is why you hear the gunshot) and then just... silence? I believe he may have survived there. Hell, you never know. I know Lee has to go through the swarm of zombies on the road with nothing but a meat-cleaver, so Kenny may very well have had his own 'hardass' moment and survived. Y'never know.

And yeah, just because the game SAID Kenny died, I wanna take a step-back and go to other games that have done that: Metal Gear Solid, the whole series was like: "WELP BIG BOSS IS DEAD" and then suddenly "JUST KIDDING".
    I can't really think of other games right now that do that, but some have.

Just because they say something's one thing, doesn't mean they can't go: "Well, shit, the fans love him, why can't we bring him back? Doesn't show him die. Who's even gonna pay attention to a little bit of text at the end of the game?"

That's my opinion. I think Kenny may have made it. I hope he did.

• I played through at least 3 tines and Kenny is the only character in the whole game you don't see die what's everyone thought on that ?

• @wrightstuff1994 said: I played through at least 3 tines and Kenny is the only character in the whole game you don't see die what's everyone thought on that ?

So we saw Clementine, Christa and Omid die? When?

• @stevean2 said: So we saw Clementine, Christa and Omid die? When?

Probably right before a game over screen? I don't know about Christa and Omid, but Clementine can die and you start the scene over.

• @Dildor said: Probably right before a game over screen? I don't know about Christa and Omid, but Clementine can die and you start the scene over.

So you mean non-canon death scenes? yeah.. Kenny can die. You know when the mansion is over run? he can die there if you dont push the walker off fast enough.

• @stevean2 said: So we saw Clementine, Christa and Omid die? When?

I think he means out of all the characters that died, Kenny was the only one off screen

• he dies to save christa. you can see it on youtube.

• .___
    @...V;
    P: :|
    .___"d `~" P.
    .@ .."W d;
    :P' "d j# man i hope tell tale brings kenny back
    \@`_#f ~ W.
    " #; .@.",
    P. Pj n|
    @. #; ":
    n; ~ mZ :;
    M. .# f.
    ___.f# .". .d
    ." ": ."; ;f
    .____P L. : jh
    h " | \" ;Y
    "P | .nm -j: :P.
    W .n .Y
    Z #8.
    .P 'Z
    `f fj
    ": :d
    :p P;
    `v -l'

• @Araron said: What happens when Lee goes alone...who then dies? :P

After you go you come back to the house. You regroup to look for clementine since the boat plan is screwed. THEN the events occur.

• @goodguy211 said: Honestly, I believe that Kenny probably made it. Well, depending on the ending, and what not- your choices. Because from what I hear, your choices will still carry-on over to Season two, no?
    So, I believe that due to my choices (practically Lee and Kenny were as tight as tight could be by the time of his death) that Kenny may have made it. I dunno. Maybe I'm stupid. Meh.
    But I know that the whole 'heroism' act that Kenny had was justified, due to the one fact of how Ben goes off whenever Kenny continues to blame him for everything.
    I mean; think about it like this. He thought about what Ben said there for a moment, not as a dude who hated the kid, but as a dad. That's what I believe. I think he may or may have not put Duck in the kids situation, thinking: "...Shit, that would be terrible.."
    So with his act of heroism, I believe he was trying to make up for it, and all that. Christa and them? Well, I only kinda liked one, and that was Omid. I really don't understand Kenny going: "HELL WELP I'LL DO IT."

But, with the act of him killing Ben (which is why you hear the gunshot) and then just... silence? I believe he may have survived there. Hell, you never know. I know Lee has to go through the swarm of zombies on the road with nothing but a meat-cleaver, so Kenny may very well have had his own 'hardass' moment and survived. Y'never know.

And yeah, just because the game SAID Kenny died, I wanna take a step-back and go to other games that have done that: Metal Gear Solid, the whole series was like: "WELP BIG BOSS IS DEAD" and then suddenly "JUST KIDDING".
    I can't really think of other games right now that do that, but some have.

Just because they say something's one thing, doesn't mean they can't go: "Well, shit, the fans love him, why can't we bring him back? Doesn't show him die. Who's even gonna pay attention to a little bit of text at the end of the game?"

That's my opinion. I think Kenny may have made it. I hope he did.

yknow the saying. nobody ever truly dies in media, there's always a way to bring a popular character back.

Add Comment