User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 20.3K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just played some Mcpixel...
    Um...
    I'm not 100% sure what I am doing but I think I enjoyed it...

• Trying to finish up The Last of Us + Notmal, then I'm doung Survivor mode.

• @Darth Marsden said: The moral of the story is - if it's not blue or white (or, if you include blood, red), then it's going to kill you, so kill it first. There's some symbolism in there somewhere, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is is. *shrug*

Strangely enough... the thing that kills me the most in this game?

Ladders. Fucking ladders.

I have died more often climbing ladders than any other hazard in this game. Room full of enemies? Sure I'll just charge in there and see what happens. Ladder? I'm quicksaving that shit.

• Maybe it's just because I've played Half-Life (and like 500 mods) so much that I'm just that good, but your tales of troubles with it are just hilarious to me. Ladders? Seriously? Oh Al. Just you wait until Xen.

5B2JU.gif

• Ladders? okay. Those old shooters had those crazy ladders that you don't need to press use on. You just jump on them. Or off them.

I'm close to the end of Fire Emblem now. My 3DS tells me I played it for 60 hours now. I'm kinda surprised by that. It really didn't feel that long.

• Yeah, that's kinda the problem. I'm not so great with the whole "walking in a straight line, when that straight line is up" thing. So I keep on just falling off the side or something. I mean, I've played older shooters before, but I've never come across this kind of ladder.

Then again, most of the shooters I played didn't have any ladders.

Everything else is fine, though. I really like how the boss battles work. It's way more entertaining to kill a boss with terrain than to just shoot it repeatedly.

• @Alcoremortis said: Everything else is fine, though. I really like how the boss battles work. It's way more entertaining to kill a boss with terrain than to just shoot it repeatedly.

Wait until Xen. And then stream yourself playing Xen. I'd watch that!

• @der_ketzer said: Wait until Xen. And then stream yourself playing Xen. I'd watch that!

I'm guessing that's at the end of the game and consists of nothing but a room filled with ladders over toxic sludge. Because that would be the easiest way to kill me repeatedly.

• @Alcoremortis said: I'm guessing that's at the end of the game and consists of nothing but a room filled with ladders over toxic sludge. Because that would be the easiest way to kill me repeatedly.

Oh your body is NOT ready. So not ready. :D
    HL1 was the first shooter I ever played and I had so much trouble even on easy. But I made it through the whole thing without cheating. And so will you.

But Xen is the point where many players just stopped. And I don't blame them. No ladders though!

• Shantae. It's been surprisingly difficult, but a lot of fun.

Add Comment