User Avatar Image

400 Days (Season One DLC) review / discussion thread - SO MANY SPOILERS

posted by puzzlebox on - last edited - Viewed by 28.6K users

Hey guys, thanks for playing The Walking Dead: 400 Days! This thread is dedicated to all your spoilery review / general discussion goodness. Have at!

No need to tag spoilers here, the whole thread will be full of 'em. Looking for the spoiler-free thread? It's here.

225 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Banang!

I liked it and it was definitely worth $5 (hell, you pay more than that for fast food and get a lot less out of it).

I know there's a thread buried somewhere in this mess back when we were waiting for the release of episodes in season one, hypothetically discussing possibilities for season 2 that sounded an awful lot like 400 days. I thought it was a hoot! Looking forward to season 2!

Thanks Telltale!

• Hello i just played 400 days first off i had to wait till the 10th because im from europe and play on ps3 then on the 10th my internet died and i couls only fixt by yesterday then my ps3 controler was out of battery and i couldnt find the charger . I only found the charger today :( . But besides that i love 400 days alot mainly russel and shels story . Shel definitly had the most interesting story and bonnie was the weakest. Again telltale made an amzing game looking forward to more TTG productions :D

Overral - 9/10

Edit: I dont see how this DLC briged the gap in the seasons anybody know :confused:

• @Tomi021 said: I dont see how this DLC briged the gap in the seasons anybody know :confused:

Haven't seen where Season 2 starts yet, so I'm afraid I can't answer that for you. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Also, posted this in its own thread, but it really should be here. I couldn't figure out how to delete it. It's my first post on this forum so I knew I'd screw something up.

Anyway, here ya go:

400 Days left me sad...

Don't worry, I'm not going to rag on 400 Days. I didn't enjoy it as much as Season 1, but I see it for what it is: a teaser of things to come.

I'm sad because, even though he voted to go Vince, hands down my favorite character from 400 Days, did not end up going with the rest of the group. I can only guess this is because Russell, the worthless little turd I wish Nate had killed, threw a temper tantrum and refused to go and Vince, stand up guy that he was, had made a point about not leaving anyone behind.

I have never replayed any of these episodes because I like the sense of not being calculating with my choices (and not feeling like their outcomes were preset by me), but I am sorely tempted to replay this one just because of that.

Then again, part of the fun of this game is the often tragic nature of it and the feeling of weight on decisions.

• I think people are going wrong reviewing this as another episode of Season 1 or the unofficial first episode of Season 2. Its a teaser of things to come, and it serves to allow the player some choice in the way Season 2 starts off.

Anyway, overall I liked 400 Days. It seemed a bit rushed, but the choices had a great element of variety to them, no 'let him die or let her die' kind of stuff, which I appreciate, and a few of them were really tough decisions for me. I did like the way the way it all came together at the end - despite the fact that most of the decisions prior to the camp don't seem to have affected anything yet - and considering the characters who go with Tavia(?) are determinant, we should have a lot of variety in the next Season.

For the record:

Vince shot Justin's foot off - don't want to have to rely on a conman. Nor a rapist, but I suppose it was statutory.

Wyatt left the car - lost PSR and didn't bother dragging the dead cop back.

Russel left Nate - pervert.

Bonnie told Leland the truth.

Shel killed Stephanie - leaving the camp seemed ridiculous to me, plus it would have endangered everyone who stayed.

In the end Bonnie, Wyatt and Russell left with Tavia. Not sure how this is determined, but I assume its something to do with the incentives to come to the community that Tavia gives - in my play-through she said they might find friends or family.

• Everyone can stay or go, it depends on what you say and what the characters choices were in there chapters.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: Everyone can stay or go, it depends on what you say and what the characters choices were in there chapters.

Except Bonnie. She always goes apparently.

• I have a feeling

If you left Nate, he'll be at the community. If you kept Nate along, he dies (possibly alongside Danny, maybe there was an attack at the camp or something.)

If you had Shel leave Roman and the others you'd find them at the community.

• @kronberg said: I think people are going wrong reviewing this as another episode of Season 1 or the unofficial first episode of Season 2. Its a teaser of things to come, and it serves to allow the player some choice in the way Season 2 starts off.

This just gave me the thought that it's possible that TT recognized how deeply some of us (self included) felt that our choices had no impact and that we were misled in the original advertising. I would almost be willing to go out on a limb and hypothesize that this interim episode was meant to apologize/mitigate that. Only almost because I'm generally suspicious and that would seem too good to be true. I think though, that if it were true, I'd change my mind about buying and playing season 2 rather than just watching a playthrough.

Add Comment