User Avatar Image

whats your ethnicity

posted by BornSurvivor on - last edited - Viewed by 8.2K users

curios

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: Well I'm somehow related to this guy. On my mother's side.

I'm apparently related to this guy. almost makes me want to skin a deer.

• @flesk said: I thought for sure that that link was to something Bruce Banner related.

Well, if we want to get on that note, I've gone to both of the universities he got his PhD from (in normal and Ultimate universe). This was purely by accident.

And I'm getting my PhD from the university he got his from in the standard canon.

And my degree is partly in physics.

And I'm staying in the same apartment (okay, okay... that's totally a lie. I'm in the one next door. XP)

• @Rather Dashing said: Well I'm somehow related to this guy. On my mother's side.

I once knew another guy at school who was also related to Daniel Boone.

• The question asks about ethnicity, but the survey choices (except for Spanish) are better described as races, though there's overlap and the terms can mean different things, of course.

Personally, I never like the focus on unimportant, meaningless stuff like phenotype-based race categories, e.g. skin color. Nothing against this thread, which I understand is harmless. I just prefer to think of us all as belonging to one race, the human race. In the US skin color has become such a ridiculous obsession for many people and organizations.

@Bioshock Infinite WD said: White, but has nothing ageist anyone's ethnic.

Huh? As if being white would make someone more likely to be antagonistic towards other races? Hope that's not what you were implying.

• @MtnPeak said: Personally, I never like the focus on unimportant, meaningless stuff like phenotype-based race categories, e.g. skin color. Nothing against this thread, which I understand is harmless. I just prefer to think of us all as belonging to one race, the human race. In the US skin color has become such a ridiculous obsession for many people and organizations.

While taxonomically correct, the idea that there is one singular race and that all variables that set different racial groups apart is meaningless and that cultural backgrounds that makes groups of humans different have little to do with race vastly over simplifies humanity as a whole. Yes we are all human, but races are present and not a meaningless variable.

• @MtnPeak said: The question asks about ethnicity, but the survey choices (except for Spanish) are better described as races, though there's overlap and the terms can mean different things, of course.

Personally, I never like the focus on unimportant, meaningless stuff like phenotype-based race categories, e.g. skin color. Nothing against this thread, which I understand is harmless. I just prefer to think of us all as belonging to one race, the human race. In the US skin color has become such a ridiculous obsession for many people and organizations.

Huh? As if being white would make someone more likely to be antagonistic towards other races? Hope that's not what you were implying.

Sure I am definitely a human...
    Definitely, definitely human...
    *looks around shiftily

• @Alcoremortis said: I'm Dutch, Irish, German, Scottish, Swedish, French, and Cajun.

So all the whiteness.

My brother! lol
    I'm Swedish, English, Irish, German, Scottish, and French. Supposedly there's some Native American and possibly black down my dad's mom's line, but it sure doesn't show up in me. I burn like nothing else out in the sun.
    My hubby also uses this account, and he's black and Native American. The poll was hard to answer because we share an account, so I just didn't answer it lol. But I don't mind sharing in the thread.

• @Desmodus87 said: My brother! lol
    I'm Swedish, English, Irish, German, Scottish, and French. Supposedly there's some Native American and possibly black down my dad's mom's line, but it sure doesn't show up in me. I burn like nothing else out in the sun.
    My hubby also uses this account, and he's black and Native American. The poll was hard to answer because we share an account, so I just didn't answer it lol. But I don't mind sharing in the thread.

Alcoremortis is female, so you're actually Sisters! ;)

Feel free to create a new separate account if it will be less confusing. It's free, and you just have to keep track of which account you use to buy games with.

• I'm exactly 50/50 Ukrainian/German.

The German is fairly obviously as, facially, I have inherited those physical traits. My sister had the Ukrainian side of that.

• @WarpSpeed said: Alcoremortis is female, so you're actually Sisters! ;)

Feel free to create a new separate account if it will be less confusing. It's free, and you just have to keep track of which account you use to buy games with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTef_onLNnw

Add Comment