User Avatar Image

Batman thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 12.1K users

With Batman Arkham City coming out yesterday (uk) and the 18th of October (usa) and with me finishing it yesterday i throught it would be cool to open a batman thread so go ahead and say anything you want about batman you can talk about the games comics movies anything batman you can even make reviews of it ill start

Review of Batman Arkham Asylum

Story - The Joker breaks out of arkham and lets Batman capture him and bring him back but as Batman thinks it was too easy and thinks Joker is up to something he is proven Right as Joker takes control of arkham and kills many guards unleashes all of the inmates with the help of Harley Quinn and the inmates being killer choc Scarecrow and more of the villians from batmans past and with the pain of the riddler who makes batman solve all his riddles..its gonna be one big night for the dark knight

Gameplay - just belive me this is one of the best comic book games and it feels like you really are the dark knight as you fight,do puzzles and solve riddles it is really good gameplay

Overall - it is one of the best batman games if not one of the best comic book games made and if you can i would say ether get it along with the sequel Arkham City or if you can find it just get it so Batman Arkham Asylum gets a 9.0

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just watched episode 1 of Beware the Batman.

In this episode, the motive behind the crime is environmentalism. What a load of shit! Still, the action sequences were very Batman-y and was able to have a sense of violence that TB&TB didn’t have.

Rating: 5/10

@Johro said: A bad animated film is much easier to ignore than live action.

I hated Zack Snyder’s stuff up until Man of Steel. I have faith. As long as this new Batman is nothing like Val Kilmer, Adam West, George Clooney or Michael Keaton, then I’m okay with it.

• @Noname215 said: Maybe World’s Finest will be a stand alone movie, like how Tony Stark is in the Iron Man movies and The Avengers movies.

I still think the villain in Justice League should be Darkseid.

They straight up said this is the Man of Steel sequel, just with Batman. And no, I haven't seen the animated movie. I still think this is jumping the shark. Which is strange to me because I'd usually be so hyped for this no one could stand to be around me. It just really feels too soon to me.

• Jumping the shark? Don’t you mean Nuking the Fridge?

Another thing, I really don’t think that the Batman reboot should try to be a bullshit rip-off of the Nolanverse. Here’s a list.

Damien Lewis as The Riddler
    Javier Bardem as Ra’s Al Ghul
    Ron Perlman as Clayface
    Andy Serkis as Mad Hatter
    Ben Foster or Crispin Glover as The Joker
    Eva Green as Poison Ivy

• @Noname215 said: I hated Zack Snyder’s stuff up until Man of Steel. I have faith. As long as this new Batman is nothing like Val Kilmer, Adam West, George Clooney or Michael Keaton, then I’m okay with it.

Michael Keaton?! WTF?! He is the BEST live action Batman! What we don't want is another fucking Christian Bale. That's what worries me the most. Sure, Snyder is the director, but Nolan is still involved and frankly, Nolan doesn't understand what makes Batman REALLY work. He's not a glorified street thug with borrowed technology and smarter minds around him. Batman is a genius-level martial artist who builds his own toys and who is first and foremost a DETECTIVE. Snyder shows me that he understands the Batman, then I'll be on board. Show me the actor, show me the suit, and show me how he fights.

• Keaton's Batman was crap at fighting! All the action scenes in those 2 movies sucked balls.

• Exactly. Also, Keaton’s Batman was a murderer. The only action scene I found entertaining was the Chinese guy with swords.

• This is the worst case scenario.

Bradley Cooper is Batman in... The Caped Crusader
    Featuring Danny Glover as Lucius Fox
    Timothy Dalton as Alfred
    Andrew Garfield as The Joker
    and Justin Bieber as Robin

That would be the ultimate shit-fest.

• @coolsome said: Keaton's Batman was crap at fighting! All the action scenes in those 2 movies sucked balls.

I've never thought of you as an idiot before now. He used martial arts. He fought fluidly. He didn't act like an idiot dressed in a costume. Bale SUCKED.

@coolsome said: Exactly. Also, Keaton’s Batman was a murderer. The only action scene I found entertaining was the Chinese guy with swords.

He was a murderer in the second movie. Also, original Batman had a guy strung up from the Bat-plane and let him die. So yeah. So fucking what?

• At least Bale could fucking fight good (with the exception of DKR). And West’s Batman was just stupid POW! BIFF! CRUNCH! sequences that were never any real looking. Keaton is not Batman, and neither are any of those other guys.

Kevin Conroy is Batman.

• @Noname215 said: At least Bale could fucking fight good (with the exception of DKR). And West’s Batman was just stupid POW! BIFF! CRUNCH! sequences that were never any real looking. Keaton is not Batman, and neither are any of those other guys.

Kevin Conroy is Batman.

Bale couldn't fight good. At all. He looked like a kid flailing around, not a trained martial artist. Not one single fight scene in all three of those movies was filmed right. Not to mention that his suit looked like ass. Keaton deflected attacks, used his opponent's momentum against them, and just plain sounded intimidating, as well as having a classy bat-suit.

But I will agree on that final point. Conroy Batman is THE Batman. It's a goddamn crying shame that the Batman I always wanted to see on the big screen hasn't been and I could only see him in a cartoon or a video game.

Add Comment