User Avatar Image

Family Guy thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 499 users

Hi everyone, I made this thread so everyone can talk about what i think is one of the funniest series. You can talk about anything Family guy like the characters , episodes,the movie (Stewie Griffin the untold story), the games and anything Family Guy related. Also expect Darth Marsden to come in this thread to inform us about the new Family Guy game :D.

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well i decided to try and finish Family Guy Back to the Multiverse and all i can say is right now i'm pissed off with it. I'm on the Chickens in Space level and i'm stuck on it. No not because its hard. It's because i got the freeze glitch twice when you use the weapon wheel to switch characters :/.

• I know not a lot of people didn't like Family Guy Back to the Multiverse but what about the first game for PS2,XBox, and PSP? Personally I like it and I like it better than Back to the Multiverse.

• So...Family Guy and The Simpsons are going to have a crossover episode.

• The episode actually sounds funny. It will be funny to see Stewie and Bart pulling pranks and Meg & Lisa with Lisa trying to find something that Meg is good at.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@ryannumber1gamer said: I know not a lot of people didn't like Family Guy Back to the Multiverse but what about the first game for PS2,XBox, and PSP? Personally I like it and I like it better than Back to the Multiverse.

Oh, Ryan. Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.

Both are shit, but the original was shit was a capital 'ssssssssss'.

The first game had three sections - Peter's lacklustre fighting sections, Stewie's lacklustre shooting sections and Brian's FLAT-OUT BROKEN stealth sections.

It was a terrible, terrible game. So bad I never even finished it, which I did with Back to the Multiverse (finished several times, mostly to do the FAQ). Just an awful waste of time and money, and the fact you think it's BETTER than BttM is deeply, deeply disturbing.

Shadow - it was kind of inevitable, really. I kind of wonder how dirty it will be (probably not at all, gotta appeal to the wider demographics and all).

• 1.First its my opinion.
    2.There was way more effort put into the first game. They didn't just reuse the lines from the series. They made their own lines and put several cutaways into it and made it interactive. The game was longer. It also had different kinds of gameplay. Again my opinion but then again its been years since I did a full playthrough of it so maybe I should replay it.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@ryannumber1gamer said: 1.First its my opinion.

True, and it's an opinion I very much disagree with. But still, yeah. Point made.
    @ryannumber1gamer said: 2.There was way more effort put into the first game. They didn't just reuse the lines from the series. They made their own lines and put several cutaways into it and made it interactive. Also true. So the script was better, but the gameplay was worse. Double edged sword.
    @ryannumber1gamer said: The game was longer.Again, true. That's not automatically a good thing though!
    @ryannumber1gamer said: It also had different kinds of gameplay.Yet again, true. I did half-point that out. Excluding the minigames, there were two 'meh' styles of gameplay and one horrendously awful stealth aspect. Those Brian sections were the bane of my existence for my entire playing experience and they were the reason I gave up on the game.
    @ryannumber1gamer said: Again my opinion but then again its been years since I did a full playthrough of it so maybe I should replay it.
    Please do so. Maybe you'll find your memories are making it seem better than it is. I get that a lot - good examples are when I replayed Bad Day LA and Drake of the 99 Dragons for my reviews. SO much worse than I remember.

• I'll make this clear though. Just because I do like the game does not mean there are parts that don't annoy me. For example I do remember not liking Peter's sections that much and I hated the level where Stewie shrinks down and goes into Peter to find Bertram's place in it so he can find out his plans. If I remember right, there was annoying platforming including a part where if you fall you start at the beginning, I used to hate the Lois minions because they were annoying and repeated lines while requiring Stewie to keep running to cover or he dies and you have to restart the entire section. I will admit I liked the end where Stewie had to do something to Peter's brain by turning things into food.

Also I did like Brian's sections thinking they were the best section of the game. Again opinions and all that and it may be because at that time I didn't play MGS which I only recently got into with MGR, the PS Vita collection and I got the PS1 Classic during the #Playstation memories sale and I have not played Sly at that point so I might not have known how good stealth sections so again if I replayed I could hate them. But in my opinion best to worst was Brian-Stewie-Peter.

Peter's sections just felt repetitive after a few levels and that Black Knight boss was a pain in the ass, I will give them that the Giant Chicken fight & Bertram fight was good.

• @Darth Marsden said: Shadow - it was kind of inevitable, really. I kind of wonder how dirty it will be (probably not at all, gotta appeal to the wider demographics and all).

I hope so. Family Guy was funnier before they hit the gross-out/perversion streak they've been on.

Add Comment