THIS IS A TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL SCRIPT AND SHOULD ANYBODY EVER RUN TO THE SUPPORT TEAM WITHOUT PRIOR CHECKING WHETHER AN ISSUE PERSISTS IF THE GAME IS RUN WITHOUT THE EXTENSION, I'LL HAVE HIS BRAINS FOR BREAKFAST!
The topic says it all really. I've been playing ToMI for a few days with a simple AutoHotKey script that enhances ToMI's joypad support on the XBox gamepad (Apparently, XPadder works too, but I've never tried it). Specifically it extents the default controls
Left Stick: Move
with the following mappings
Right Stick: Cursor control
R1: Hotspot highlighting
To make it work, you've got to have AutoHotKey installed and associated with AHK files.
1. Drop the attached "ToMI Joypad extension.ahk.txt" in the directory of the episode you want to play.
2. Open it (it should open with notepad)
3. Change the third line > targetExe := "MonkeyIsland10X.exe" < so that the X matches the number of the episode you want to play.
4. Save and close (or play with the other variables, your choice).
5. Rename "ToMI Joypad extension.ahk.txt" to "ToMI Joypad extension.ahk"
6. Double click "ToMI Joypad extension.ahk" to run the ToMI episode (note that if you launch the game EXE directly, the script will not be active).
7. Just run the AHK file instead of the EXE file every time you want to play.
Well, only one really: If you close the launcher without launching the game, the script will run ad infinitum, because it keeps waiting for the game to launch. Just close it via the icon in the system tray if that happens.
Then there's the usual stuff about performance. Running such a script will naturally cost some performance. It wasn't noticeable on my system, but you never know. If you're having problems, try without the script.