Menu
User Avatar Image

Choosing Danny?

posted by pdlbean on - last edited - Viewed by 4.3K users

I was really surprised that the vast majority shot Justin's cuff off and escaped with Danny. My first instinct was to shoot Danny, because it was his idea to shoot the cuff off. Your idea, you're the one who gets your foot shot off. Those of you who did choose to escape with Danny, what's your reasoning?

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bioshock Infinite WD said: I am just saying he might be lying, I don't think he is, but for all we know he did something even worse then what he said.

Oh yes, I know what you're saying - some people just have the inate ability to lie without conscience...hmm, why do I think of politicians here :D

• I wonder why also, it's not like they lie all the time...

• @MickH said: Whilst I can see where you're coming from Conmen do have victims you know, they aren't some kind of Robin Hood style person taking from the rich and giving to the needy.

I only said he was Robin Hood-esque because he steals from the rich and keeps the money for himself. It was supposed to be a joke, sorry you didn't get it. Anyway, insurance will give the poor rich folks their money back. Or at least most of it. By the way I also think he exagerated the money he stole, but it's probably a few millions at least.

• @Kaserkin said: I only said he was Robin Hood-esque because he steals from the rich and keeps the money for himself. It was supposed to be a joke, sorry you didn't get it. Anyway, insurance will give the poor rich folks their money back. Or at least most of it. By the way I also think he exagerated the money he stole, but it's probably a few millions at least.

Don't worry about it, it's ok.

:)

• @MickH said: Whilst I can see where you're coming from Conmen do have victims you know, they aren't some kind of Robin Hood style person taking from the rich and giving to the needy.

Con men are manageable. You know they are liars from the start and aren't trustworthy. A rapist? Would outright destroy a group dynamic just by breathing. You aren't going to have most people around a guy who thinks nothing of beating the crap out of a woman and having his way with them whenever he wants.

The majority of people in a SHTF scenario are not going to put up with that crap, either of them honestly but a rapist much less so. I know a lot of people don't like the idea that in a SHTF situation you'd see the return of a frontier style system of instantaneous justice, but that is what would exist. If your a threat to the community you aren't going to be tolerated in the areas that are the closest things to "civilized" areas.

Has no one read the post apo classics like Earth Abides? The former convict gets killed by the group in that one too.

• I love how they all seem like bad guys in the real world, but when you put them together, they're the most normal people on the planet.

• Which is really strange to say but is the truth, I would prefer Danny in my group over someone like Nate or the Saint Johns any day.

• No kidding. But I would still save a con man over a rapist.

• Which is what I did to, I honestly do not know why I did, i never thought about how bad Justin's crime really was, all I thought was, guy who steals money, vs rapist, that and Danny went for the gun and it was his idea, the more I think about it I really should have thought about it for more then a second, but I don't regret making that choice, it's just something that needed to be done.

Add Comment