User Avatar Image

Release date info/discussion

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users

Hello people:)

I just wanted a thread, to help us keep track of the newest information about, when we can play the first episode og The Wolf amoung us.

I have seached a lot, but I can't find anything about it. So I hope, that you will all post every bit of info you got, in this thread, to help everybody, who does not live on this forum:)

Ps. Rumors are wellcome to:)

142 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Yertos said: Do we have any new info on when this is gonna be released? I was under the impression that it would be this summer before TWD comes out around fall, but would have expected a release date by now.

At this point it looks as though it'll either arrive in the next couple of months to little fanfare, or they'll concentrate on getting TWD S2 out the door (as that's the one that will make $$$ and that everyone other than me is waiting to hear something about) then start concentrating on marketing TWAU. It wouldn't surprise me if that were to be the case.

• @xyphic said: At this point it looks as though it'll either arrive in the next couple of months to little fanfare, or they'll concentrate on getting TWD S2 out the door (as that's the one that will make $$$ and that everyone other than me is waiting to hear something about) then start concentrating on marketing TWAU. It wouldn't surprise me if that were to be the case.

That seems to have happened. Summer is going to end soon, so if we don't hear anything this month, it's probably delayed until Walking Dead S2 comes out.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@eblocksonian said: That seems to have happened. Summer is going to end soon, so if we don't hear anything this month, it's probably delayed until Walking Dead S2 comes out.

Don't assume anything like that until there's official information. TWaU is far more advanced than TWD Season 2; and TWaU toys with a lot of fancy new choices mechanisms TWD would profit from. The way I see it, postponing the Fables game to rush out Season 2 of The Walking Dead would be a classic "missing link" situation in their evolution. I'm not saying Telltale absolutely wouldn't do it, but I'm saying it really wouldn't make sense.

• Technically, it could be released as late as September 21st, and it would still be "summer."

• I kind of begin to doubt it will happen this summer. There is just nothing, no news, marketing etc. Also Telltale should make sure to not release it at the same time as TWD season 2, because that event would steal all the atention of the game. We'll see.

• @Abel said: I kind of begin to doubt it will happen this summer. There is just nothing, no news, marketing etc. Also Telltale should make sure to not release it at the same time as TWD season 2, because that event would steal all the atention of the game. We'll see.

Sad but true. I am personally still really interested in this game. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

• @Brock Samson said: Sad but true. I am personally still really interested in this game. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Highly doubt that. It has been covered in Game Informer so I feel like there is a good chance. It just that the spotlight is on Telltale's money maker.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Chances are we'll hear something this week.

SDCC is officially over, TWD craze is officially yesterday, just let puzzlebox come back...

• Fingers crossed! After the game informer article I was really excited and then nothing happened...

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Here's hoping. It would be nice if we could see a trailer (or at least a teaser) soon. The Game Informer screenshots were amazing, I'd love to see the art in motion. :)

Add Comment