User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ZEjTyPR.jpg?1

How is this not only GOOD, but actually THE BEST kart racer I have ever played in my life?

Seriously, kick over Mario Kart's anemic carcass, this thing is AMAZING. Awesome dynamic tracks with multiple paths, insanely well thought-out boost and drifting systems, tracks that change drastically from lap to lap, some of the best track design I've ever seen in an arcade racing game, items that can be fired forward or backward, no items that feel "game breaking" creating a sort of roulette wheel feel, competent AI that doesn't race faster than their characters' top speed just because they're behind, four PC-exclusive racers, local splitscreen, ONLINE splitscreen, splitscreen and online multiplayer AT THE SAME TIME, a solid 60 FPS framerate double that of its console counterparts, gorgeous high-resolution textures, geez.

I actually really, really, really like this game.

• @Rather Dashing said: I actually really, really, really like this game.

Yes, it's really good. still I did not buy it :(

• @Rather Dashing said: ZEjTyPR.jpg?1

How is this not only GOOD, but actually THE BEST kart racer I have ever played in my life?

I actually really, really, really like this game.

Well shit, this was already on my radar. Now it's definitely on my wish list.

• I really like it too! :D
    (The AI is a total cheating bastard on its highest setting in the campaign though! Xp)

• So I've been playing Shadowrun Returns for about 4 hours now.
    And I've just got to the first Decking section. (Which considering I had an Intelligence and Quickness based character has taken a looooonngg time to be useful! XD)

Its interesting to see quite a few people hating on this game in the steam forums, but I actually really like it.
    Considering how longs its been developed for, and the nature of its creation, I actually enjoy the main campaign. A little on the easy side, (since I have a Decking/Drone character I normally just hide my guy while my drones kick arse and I use the other characters as meat shields! XD)

But the writing is pretty solid, and the mechanics quite nicely diverse.
    I definitely look forward to finishing the main campaign (I hear its short but considering this game has a heavy modding focus like say Neverwinter Nights I should imagine soon that there will be alot more user-generated content available for it)

Maybe I might even have a look in that editor. I hear its quite easy and malleable. ;D

• The 'can I be arsed to do anything today' game.

I've been losing it a lot lately. :( I blame the weather.

Also, the first Lego Harry Potter on the DS. It's the same setup as the main console versions, but since you cast spells by tracing patterns on the touch screen (a flickering flame to cast Incendio, for example), it plays very differently. Also, the charaters say stuff - via text boxes, but it's still weird. It's pretty good so far.

• @RetroVortex said: I really like it too! :D
    (The AI is a total cheating bastard on its highest setting in the campaign though! Xp)

Which "highest difficulty" are you referring to? A or S-class? You don't unlock S-Class until you win the Mirror Mode Grand Prix, so my guess is you might be referring to what is actually the second-highest difficulty.

• @Rather Dashing said: Which "highest difficulty" are you referring to? A or S-class? You don't unlock S-Class until you win the Mirror Mode Grand Prix, so my guess is you might be referring to what is actually the second-highest difficulty.

Probably XD
    (The 3rd star levels in campaign)

• @RetroVortex said: Probably XD
    (The 3rd star levels in campaign)

If you beat the mirror Grand Prix, each event actually has FOUR stars.

• Played a bit of Civ V and it's pretty good...
    I'm playing on easy because I'm pretty bad at the game...
    But I'm close to winning my first game...

Add Comment