29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I still want a Wii U version though.

• @LuigiHann said: How can there be tiers in a skill-free button-mash-fest game?

Tiers manifest from imbalance, which is the result of either imperfection in high-level player understanding of the mechanics and strategies for certain characters or from the game's systems not being perfectly balanced.

If a fighting game had only one button and tapping it was the only way to win, and one character's one-button tap did more damage than others, that character would still belong to a higher "tier" for a shitty fighting system.

How do you know the tiers in a game you so clearly hate?
    This sounds backwards to me. What business do I have hating a game if I don't understand why I think it's systematically broken? Knowing a lot about games which I hate is not uncommon for me.

Why would you expect anyone who likes this game and wants to play as Link to care what tier he's in, when you've identified the demographic as "people who don't know how to play fighting games"? People who don't know how to play fighting games don't care about tiers.
    I guess that's true. It's just that, out of the three guest characters, Heihachi was easily the most powerful.

• Heihachi was also easily the most Namco.

• No Wii U version = No Link so.. no purchase from me.

Link was the only reason I'd re-purchase again this game.

• @GaryCXJk said: You shut your piehole. Soul Calibur 2 was fucking radical.

Only on the Gamecube, where you could play as LINK.

• Now, I barely played Soul Calibur 2, but it probably says something about the quality of the game when one guest character not being in equals no buy.

• @Gman5852 said: Now, I barely played Soul Calibur 2, but it probably says something about the quality of the game when one guest character not being in equals no buy.

For me, it's more the quality of the "HD". It really doesn't look all that different, which is something I hate about these PS2 HD remakes. They look the same. Funny enough, Wind Waker's HD remake actually LOOKS new, it looks different. So why can't these other companies do that?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Duh, that would require too much effort.

It'd also cost more to fully update a game like WWHD. It's much cheaper to basically just port something than to make a proper remastering of it. At the end of the day, it's all about the greens.

• I don't really mind, As long as its a good price and they pick good games to make into collections and add trophies etc. Although it was bs when Mass Media didn't bother to fix Daxter's blocky design in J&D The Precursor Legacy HD. I wish they would have updated it and made him look like his design from Jak 2 Renegade & Jak 3.

• Soul Calibur 2 HD with Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A-jgBue4zo

Unfortunately this is running on PC with the Dolphin emulator so no Wii U version.

I wish Namco Bandai would've re-released Soul Calibur 2 on the Wii and then I'd just play it upscaled to 1080p. Original Wii games look pretty nice on the Wii U.

But well, I purchased recently Tekken Tag 2 for the Wii U which has Link's costume and Smash Bros U is coming in 2014, plus a new Zelda game in 2014/15 so it's not like this matters too much.

Add Comment