User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hudomonkey said: Scribblenauts Unlimited 8/10
    The most messed up and creepy game I've ever played

Is it strange that I love the game for the amount of puzzles that can be solved by spawning a dead frozen baby?

• @der_ketzer said: Is it strange that I love the game for the amount of puzzles that can be solved by spawning a dead frozen baby?

I solved almost every puzzle with either a Dead Clown, Nuke or a romantic machine gun...
    The creepiest thing is when you make an 'edible dead clown'...

• I haven't finished a game since Bioshock Infinite

9/10

• Fire Emblem: Awakening 10/10

51lYPHTxnuL.jpg

If you hadn't noticed before I am madly in love with this game. It was the main reason to buy a 3DS for me, and I got the soundtrack and I am really thinking about getting the Awakening themed 3DS XL hardcase.
    This game is huge and took me 65 hours to complete (this included the main story, several sidemissions and random battles). The story gripped me from the first minute on and only had me take a break at the halfway point, when fittingly also the events in the game take a break.
    This game is proof that Nintendo still cares for core gamers and I hope we will see the other games in the series rereleased on the e-shop. Again: I cannot recommend this game enough. It's by far my favorite game of the year (so far) and one of my favourite games of all time. I'm really thinking about restarting the game in Lunatic Mode but that would be suicide.
    If you are playing this play it on Hard at least. The new Casual Mode (where fallen units revive after battle) is a godsent for beginners, making this game the perfect title to get into the series. And experts can still choose not to activate it at the start. But beware: Units can die easily and the game doesn't always play fair and starts spawning reinforcements for the enemy right behind you a few missions in. So make sure your healers are in a safe position.

• GTA 3 - 7/10

I don't like it as much as Vice City and Claude has no personality compared to Tommy Vercetti but it's still a great game

• The Last Of Us 11/10, freakin amazing game!

• 51Dp0mHi33L._SX300_.jpg

After 44 hours the main quest line is done. Was the game worth the 10€ I paid for it?
    Maybe.

+ my first Pokémon game after Red
    + many improvements over the first one
    + much harder game --> you can no longer just use one Pokémon and beat everything easy, weaknesses mean something and can no longer be tanked.--> still only 2 KOs in the whole game for my team.
    +/- The arenas are all puzzle based. Which may be great but some of them take several minutes to move from the entrance to the boss.
    + There is a story involved here...

- ...but it isn't used well. They could have done something really interesting with the Pokémon liberation movement thing but since it's a Pokémon game everything is still black and white (can U C what I did there?)
    - fake 3D and "round" levels stop being interesting after a while. If there was free movement it may have worked.
    - Only gen 5 Pokémon during the main game unless you play their stupid online game thing (after the credits you unlock more pokémon but chest space is too small to catch all of them, sadly)
    - Horrible bottom screen after you get the C-Gear. Whyyyyyyy!
    - Nintendo is still forcing you to buy the same game twice to catch em all. This will never change though I guess.
    - Some new Pokémon are ugly as sin. Icecream cones, exploded garbage bags, things that begg you to kill them...
    - no multilanguage game. Unlike 99% of all DS games this only comes with one language. A shame.

In total: 5/10. Might have been a 7/10 but the language problem really ruined my day.

• Since I doubt I'll ever actually finish it...

The Last of Us.
    5/10(First 3-4 hours)

A game of trying to make Uncharted story driven(not just because it's NG, this is seriously what I feel about it). I've played for about 4 hours and I just want it to end. I don't care about any of this people! I don't even care about my own character. Bland person A, meet bland person B, talk vaguely about something that happened before the game.

Since so many people love it, I have to assume the development kicks in at some point. I have never played a game with a more boring first few hours. It's just torture. It's the video game equivalent of The Langoliers; 3 hours of people you don't like or care about doing a whole lot of nothing with minimal flesh to their character.

To all the people who are raving about this game, I implore you, talk me into playing it again. I paid for it, but as it stands right now, I don't even want to put it back in the console again.

• playing it is not worth it when you don't like the first 4 hours. Quit now before you hate the game even more.
    That killing off side characters bullshit will not stop until the end section of the game.

Add Comment