263 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote]I just hope to god that there's a cheat to get cash since(as I said before) I can't play blackjack to save my life.[/quote]

It's not like blackjack is some highly strategic game that takes a lifetime to master. There's a mathematically correct play for every situation and you can look those up very easily and even print out a handy little chart if you'd like. People act like blackjack is serious business but playing it is just as stupid as playing a slot machine.

You're still going to lose long-term no matter what even with the charts, but you'll lose the least amount possible. Does anybody know if LSL:R actually modified the statistics/rules so that you have a positive expectation, or are you expected to usually lose and then save/reload until you get lucky?

• @MtnPeak said: Apparently this artist worked on the collector's box that many hated

I didn't draw the Collector's Box if that's what you're getting at. It was created by Andy Hoyos. I took it upon myself to offer an alternative. I wasn't allowed to completely remake it, so instead here's what I did in an hour or so in attempt to make it a little more appealing using existing assets:
    1.jpg

I sent it to Replay and they liked it more than the original. I still don't care for the drawing or logo, but I felt like SOMETHING needed to be done.

As for the box I created (that you don't seem to care for), I drew that in a few hours I had one night. Could have been better, sure, but it was my first attempt at a Wacom tablet and I didn't have much time, so what can you expect. I'm sorry to hear people are unhappy with the choice, but as a long-time fan of the series, I'm honored they chose it to represent the game.

-TK

• TK/caenicus- no one can fault you for the fact that particular art was chosen. You did improve upon the existing lousy cover art. You offered your time and deserve thanks for that.

It seems Replay Games is seriously lacking in the visual marketing department. That's not your fault nor the fault of any individual artists, TK.

Take a look at the Larry banner art they are using on their official site where many people buy the game:
    https://www.replaygamesinc.com/index/games
    Image attached.

I'm sorry, but that's embarrassing. Looks cheap. Regardless of the budget, I think they ought to be able to produce better marketing art for a $20 game.

For example, Himalaya Studios/AGDI and Infamous Quests/Adventures do a much better job in this department and with fewer resources.

• Finally, the game is available for iPhone and iPad for about $5:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leisure-suit-larry-reloaded/id659661997?mt=8

At first I really struggled with the touch interface. Then, after I learned that you can "hold/long tap" to bring up the verb wheel on any part of the screen, gameplay become became much, much easier.

I'm really loving playing it on my phone.

I just hope they tweak the interface a bit for the next Larry game and also include the option for labeled hotspots.

• @JuntMonkey said: or are you expected to usually lose and then save/reload until you get lucky?

You are expected to lose and save/reload until you get lucky.

Yes, they actually put that in a game released in 2013. This remake could have been so much better.

• Just purchased the game now. My god. I love how the game looks. Everything looks great. So far I can't find the password to get through the door at lefty's, but after doing a series of guess the answer to questions I haven't heard of I finally got into the game.

I'll I can say is that I got my butt kicked by the alley goon. Painful to witness.

• This game has been slated as one of the worst games ever to be released this year! Reviews of it are not friendly, calling it a relic of the past that should have stayed there, and that no one wants to play as some womanizing pathetic person anymore. Harsh.

• @Ash735 said: This game has been slated as one of the worst games ever to be released this year! Reviews of it are not friendly, calling it a relic of the past that should have stayed there, and that no one wants to play as some womanizing pathetic person anymore. Harsh.

And yet, the overwhelming majority of backers seem absolutely thrilled with it -- it's got a 5-star rating on Amazon and an 8.8 user score on Metacritic. One of the more poorly-reviewed games of the year, yes; but a lot of that I feel is down to the reviews themselves, some of which have been completely ridiculous in their criticisms.

• @Ash735 said: and that no one wants to play as some womanizing pathetic person anymore.

The successful Kickstarter of it says otherwise.

Also I like the look of the Retail version:
    81ZsZBq86tL._SL500_.jpg

But since it doesn't include a Steam key I'm not going to buy it. Too bad.

• Started playing the game last night. First LSL game I've played. Loving it. Lots of fun thus far!

Add Comment