User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 24.7K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: nope. I already have too many RPGs that I haven't played yet.

Just off the top of my head, there's Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins, KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Final Fantasy 6 (3 on SNES).

That doesn't include other RPGs that I've already been planning to get, like Tales of Symphonia 2 and Tales of Xillia.

Okay, okay. I'm buying Ys 1&2+ now.

I changed my mind after watching reviews.

...and after finding that this is the overworld music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HplgXxaKu5c

• Note that Ys I and II Chronicles+ are very much "Enhanced Ports" of the original games for the PC-88. They have new content and the graphics have been bumped up from 8-bit to 32-bit, but the design philosophy is incredibly old school. If you've played older Final Fantasy games(especially NES-era ones) you have a rough idea of how much guidance you'll get(by default, next to none).

• @Rather Dashing said: Note that Ys I and II Chronicles+ are very much "Enhanced Ports" of the original games for the PC-88. They have new content and the graphics have been bumped up from 8-bit to 32-bit, but the design philosophy is incredibly old school. If you've played older Final Fantasy games(especially NES-era ones) you have a rough idea of how much guidance you'll get(by default, next to none).

You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

• It's not bad, it just means that you have to go in with the mindset that you're going to have to pay close attention, talk to people for hints, and realize that you'll be expected to find certain specific treasure chests without any real prompt that you may have missed them.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

No-one? Alright, today's Daily Deal is 50% off...

capsule_467x181.jpg

That's the three Starter Packs. I still say they're overpriced, but whatever.

• We were just filling in for you. This is your job, right? :p

Yeah, I don't get how stuff like four playable characters can be worth anywhere near 40 Euros, and that's at 50% off.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is... actually, no. Wait. Is yesterday's deal still active?

...it IS. So it's not technically a daily deal when the deal runs for two days, right? Gah. Is this a new thing Steam have started doing, because I'm curious to know how long it's been 48 hours for each deal instead of 24.

Anyway. Today's 2-Day Deal is 75% off...

header_586x192.jpg

That includes the DLC.

Weekend Deals:

spotlight_image_english.png

There's also the Command & Conquer series, but since there doesn't appear to be a 'collection', I'll list them.

C&C 3: Tiberium Wars
    C&C 3: Kane's Wrath
    C&C 4: Tiberian Twilight
    C&C: Red Alert 3
    C&C: Red Alert 3: Uprising

They're all 70% off.

Oh, and some stupid sounding game called Shadowrun Returns is live now. Phhpt.

• @Darth Marsden said:
    Oh, and some stupid sounding game called Shadowrun Returns is live now. Phhpt.

It's actually top seller. I didn't think it was going to be THAT popular.

Oh and...

spotlight_image_english.png?t=1374676582 spotlight_image_english.png?t=1374772995

EDIT: Their fancy picture is fixed.

• @Johro said: It's actually top seller. I didn't think it was going to be THAT popular.

More popular than a month-old expansion and two pre-orders, yes.

Add Comment