33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Anyone ever read the James Potter series by G.N. Lippert? Fourth book is currently being released by the chapter. First three books were pretty damn good, I must say-- even as a self-proclaimed Potterphile.

• I want them released in an ebook format other than PDF. PDFs suck as ebooks, and the current tools which can convert PDF to ePub, KF8 or Mobi don't work very well.

I even wrote to the author and asked for a Kindle-friendly format, but he never responded.

EDIT: Oh, well it seems he does have them out in ePub and mobi. When I wrote to him, Hall of Elders Crossing was the only book out.

Hey, I just might read them then.

• I'm more of a fan of Lily and the Half-Blood Prince. It's a very well done fanfiction-book thingee that basically goes through Snape and Lily's friendship and almost-romance, ending with the end of their association. I quite like it because it really gives some solid grounding to a lot of the Harry Potter series.

• I'm a fan of Prisoner of Azkaban just because of all the time travel mischief.

• My favorite is Half Blood Prince, followed closely by Prisoner of Azkaban.

• Gonna have to go with Goblet. I loved the other wizarding communities and the Quidditch World Cup and all that good stuff. And I enjoyed the transition to a darker Harry Potter.

• Yeah, I guess you could even argue that the darker themes go all the way back to the first book-- Harry's parents getting murdered. However, to me the books really took off for the darker side of things once we saw/read Cedric's death. Everything up 'til that point sorta left things to the imagination.

• It's unrelated to the current conversation but, I love the Harry Potter videogames. They aren't that bad, except for the deathly hallows games.

Add Comment