User Avatar Image

Would you enjoy a Lily Redemption Subplot in Season 2?

posted by GoldenFleece on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

I am a big fan of Carley, and when replaying The Walking Dead and really do miss her. Gins of a well written character. Although Lily pisses me off during the story, I actually don't think she is a bad person, she is just someone who could pushed over the edge and did something nuts, something she would not normally do. I mean it is a zombie apocalypse, I KNOW I would do some things that I right now would normally do.

Personally I would love a redemption arc for Lily in Season 2, to cleanse her of her crime of killing Carley/Doug, where she will probably have to sacrifice herself.

120 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • what if the place talked about in the DLC is where Lily if in charge kinda like the Governor. i can see them doing that. Governor 2.0

• I'm all for it. Character development is great

• Lilly was forced into a role she was not fit for...

Forced? How?
    I'm sure she had he option of giving up the leadership position since she can't handle it.

She was the leader when no one else was willing and was hated and fought against at all point just because she was the one who did the rationing, she was the one who had to think about letting new people in the group...

She wanted to remain in charge after that poor leadership skills she displayed in Episode 1. Who hated her? This is one thing I don't get where people think she was hated. I'm sure rationing wasn't as hard as hunting for food besides, didn't Mark suspect she was giving her dad extra.

And then a member of the group killed her father right in front of her and she was forced to remain leader with no one left to trust...

One member killed her father and suddenly the whole group can't be trusted?
    And again, she wasn't forced to remain as leader, she had the option to give it up but didn't.

No wonder she snapped...

She snapped because she's a weak-minded coward.

She saved everyone when the bandits attacked and she was right about Ben...

That could've been avoided if she hadn't arrogantly stayed at the motel. She was right about Ben but only due to guessing, she wasn't right about Carley.

If Kenny had not broken the group...

She broke up the group by making bad decisions, killing a valuable member and leaving the group vulnerable by abandoning them for dead.

Lilly wouldn't have became what she became...

All Kenny did was possibly kill her dad(whether he was alive or not is debatable), Everything that happened after that was Lilly's doing.

Kenny forgot the countless times I saved him and his family because I am not a murderer and after that left me for dead at every turn and tried his best to get me out of the equation...

And Lilly forgot the times you helped her. At least with Kenny, he will help you if you've been good to him, can't say the same with Lilly and even with the stunts he pulls with you, he sticks by you till the end, where was Lilly?

Kenny still drops you, he still becomes a drunk and he still would have ripped Ben apart...

Drop you?
    What reasons are there he shouldn't rip Ben apart? Ben caused his family's death, at least Kenny forgives him later on.
    Lilly will still kill an innocent person, she'll still expose your past, she'll still leave you for dead no matter what decisions you make with her.

Lilly may betray you no matter what but she appreciates it when you help her and she may steal the RV but with Kenny in charge...

What?
    She'll kill someone you care for, she'll ungratefully reveal your secret and she'll abandon you and even Clementine for dead, how are those signs of appreciation?

She had no choice...

There are always choices. She had the choice not to pull the trigger but does anyway.

I hate Kenny and I dislike Lilly but if Kenny is given a chance for redemption after everything he did...
    I'd be willing to give Lilly the same chance

Kenny never killed an innocent person and left people for dead like Lilly has. He sticks by you till the end whereas Lilly abandons you.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: Well anyone who ever read my posts knows what I want, and if not then the answer is a slow painful death for Carley and everything before it.

A slow and painful death for Carley? o_O Must've missed something in your posts

• No one else was willing or able to be a leader and before episode 2 ended she wasn't that bad she was doing her best to keep a group together and if Kenny and Lee hadn't turned up they wouldn't have got into such a bad position

Who was left in the group to trust? By the end of episode 2 there was only Kenny and his family and Doug/Carley left she did trust Doug to a point and Carley was lying to the group about Lee and I could understand why someone might not trust her (I didn't)

She knew she was a mess but having the responsibility of keeping a group half of which is directly linked to the man who killed your father...

They survived 3 months at the Motel and died within days of leaving it...
    The Motel was the only thing keeping the group alive...

The group was broken when Kenny fragmented it... Lilly just finished it off...

She saved everyone from the bandits and they had just lost all their supplies and their base... She wanted vengeance and was broken she didn't know what to do and her Paranoia had consumed her...

Kenny would have Killed Lilly if she hadn't stolen the RV she had no choice...

Kenny killed Larry and left me for dead so many times whilst when Kenny would have let me die she saved me...

Kenny was never there for me even when I did what he wanted just because of one disagreement...

• @Velociraptorius said: A slow and painful death for Carley? o_O Must've missed something in your posts

Whoops, I met Lilly, I would never say I want Carley dead at all.

• I would love to see Lilly shoots Clem's kneecaps out.

• @Cany0udance said: I would love to see Lilly shoots Clem's kneecaps out.

If that happenes , than Lilly would be beyond redemption and deserve to be shot by Becca or Shel .
    Also , stop trolling . It's not healthy for you

• @master psychic said: If that happenes , than Lilly would be beyond redemption and deserve to be shot by Becca or Shel .
    Also , stop trolling . It's not healthy for you

I'm not trolling, I just don't like Clementine.

• @Cany0udance said: I'm not trolling, I just don't like Clementine.

Well you don't like Clem that's ok , but in the " Do You Think Season 2 Will Be As Good/Darker Than Season 1? " you say this "Someone throws a grenade or something, and it blows off Clementines legs, with her screaming at the top of her lungs. Then you put her out of her misery or leave her to bleed " Now that's just cruel .

Add Comment