User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.1K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bioshock Infinite WD said: You are the last man on Earth man, if you can last three years then at most two months is a walk in the sun.

Dude, it's just my username. If I was really Vincent Price, I'd be...well, dead, for starters. :o

• I think Telltale should atleast tell us who we are going to be playing as.

• @Robert Morgan said: Dude, it's just my username. If I was really Vincent Price, I'd be...well, dead, for starters. :o

I know, I have just been waiting to say that for sometime, sorry, but I think they might at least tell us when the release date is soon, I mean when did they tell us that for season 1 anyway.

• A rivalry between Becca and Clem won't last long. Becca has already shown that she can be ruthless and is not above killing people if she considers them a threat. Factor in that she's roughly 5 years older than Clementine and you have a fight that isn't so much one-sided as it is predetermined.

• Pshh. Becca's fronting like crazy in the DLC. She talks big but can't bring herself to do the dirty work when it comes down to it. Clem's cleavered a guy in the shoulder and then shot him. Then again, that was to save Lee and not herself and she's probably too nice to go to those extremes in self-defense.

Besides, I'm not talking about a knock-down, drag-out brawl, but just a kind of undercurrent of hatred in their interactions with each other. Just like with Lee and Larry. Larry was way more willing to kill Lee than Lee was willing to kill him, but look who got salt-licked in the end.

• I do hope there's a scene where we'll have to decide to agree with Becca or Clem in a situation.

But in THIS situation, the thing that keeps everybody alive is the hard truth, which is Becca's side. But Clem has hope even though things won't turn out good if the hard thing is done.

• Anyone else thinks that the 'settlement' as told by Tavia, turns out to be an early Woodbury or an early Alexandria Safe Zone?

• @TinyCarlos said: Anyone else thinks that the 'settlement' as told by Tavia, turns out to be an early Woodbury or an early Alexandria Safe Zone?

Nice username.

Remind me not to fuck with you

• @DomeWing333 said: Pshh. Becca's fronting like crazy in the DLC. She talks big but can't bring herself to do the dirty work when it comes down to it. Clem's cleavered a guy in the shoulder and then shot him. Then again, that was to save Lee and not herself and she's probably too nice to go to those extremes in self-defense.

Blaming teenage girl for some empathy left. That's crazy.

• @Omid's cat said: Blaming teenage girl for some empathy left. That's crazy.

Well, she could have some more. Her immediate reaction to Stephanie trying to run away was "Burn the witch!!". Ok, maybe more like shoot the witch, but still.

Add Comment