User Avatar Image

How much did you cry in Season 1?

posted by Cany0udance on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

How much did you cry in Season 1? Honestly, I didn't cry throughout the game. I came really close though when Kenny (Favorite character) and Ben (4th favorite character) died in the same scene in Episode 5. Though Kenny might not be dead, but who cares. When Lee died, I didn't cry or go halfway. How about you? Did you cry at all? If so, when did you cy?

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Duck and Katjaa dying made me cry. Katjaa's death in particular was so shocking and sudden, and Kenny's reaction to it was authentic and heartbreaking. While I'm far from a massive Duck fan (the kid is - was - a walking murder machine) his death was drawn out and looked exceptionally painful.

I didn't cry at Kenny's death (I was still really angry from when he gave me the "I thought we were bros" speech when, as far as I'd seen it, I had always had his back) but I was slamming against the gate so hard I'm pretty sure I did the A button on my controller permanent damage.

As for the ending, anything from when Clem sees her parents onwards has me blubbing. The way her eyes grow absolutely enormous with sadness, but with the rest of her face looking as if she expected them to be dead the whole time was very upsetting to watch. Then the look she gets and the desperation in her voice when she finds out Lee was bitten. THEN Lee being unable to walk without her assistance. THEN Lee, during his last breaths imparting advice while the message "Clementine will remember that" appears after every sentence (no, really, whoever suggested including that in the game needs a promotion for moving me and a good kick in the groin for making me sob so loudly). THEN Lee either dying peacefully, head resting against the radiator, with Clem being the final thing he sees, or being euthanized by Clementine herself. THEN when I think there are no fluids left in my body, Take Us Back starts playing.

I have watched the ending multiple times and played through it a couple of times myself and I cry every bloody time.

• @Vainamoinen said: Because forum etiquette is beyond the man, because it was too hot in his apartment and he thought "well, let's take it out on some random guy on the internet".

I know, i am pretty lame, im sorry for offending you

• Not really, its just a game, i really did enjoy it though but no cry lol

• Not at all. I was sad when Lilly left but did not cry.

• Can anyone think of a LP were they did not cry, other then Nova.

• I teared up in many places. No full on sobbing, but it's the same damn thing. I felt, that's all the matters.

I even felt bad for Andy. Dude served up a friend's legs to the group but his despairing and defeated version of Shrek's Puss in Boots imploring look made me feel for him. Which is just.. wrong.

Puss.jpg

King's The Stand, and the movie adaptation of one of his novellas, (Rita Hayworth and) The Shawshank Redemption are the only two other examples of entertainment mediums where I've been emotionally screwed with so ferociously. I think this game got more tears out of me though. Well fucking done, Telltale.

• I have for the life of me never gotten a movie to make me cry, granted I have never seen Marley and Me but it has just never done it, the best I got was feeling dead inside, forgot what movie that was.

• In not really a "crier", but I was really sad when Ben died and Kenny "died" in the same scene.

At dat ending... That ending could make anyone shed a tear... Even me.

It was just one tear, though :D

• For me it was so bad I could not see the damn screen.

• i dont even know why this is a thread...it's obvious what the answer is...

if you are a heartless person than no

Add Comment