1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: lolololo

When are you gonna finish The Last Crusade.

About the same time I finish Half-Life.

• @Secret Fawful said: When are you gonna finish The Last Crusade.

tumblr_mgdjt94RB01rl07gno1_500.gif

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Alcoremortis said: I can't help but smile. I looked up the temperatures you guys are getting right now. Aaaand... this is so cute.

Allow me to return this comment in about six months.

@Alcoremortis said:
    From now on, shut up anyone who says Sierra games are broken or are unfair.

Get better at adventure games or get out.

Sierra... Sierra... nope, doesn't ring a bell.

On a serious note: There's nothing wrong with adventure games getting a tad easier these days, and there definitely is something right in eliminating dead ends, fostering the game's responses towards the player's attempt to solve a puzzle, and lowering the frustration level to some degree. Seriously, you love adventure games, but the patience you display towards this particular type of game is not something we see of you in real life much. ;) This is not something that happened to the traditional adventure genre exclusively because its players 'dumb down'. The truth is, it happens to every game genre with the central difference that designers can't just offer a puzzle difficulty slider in the start menu. They're either going the brutal traditional way or they're making it more approachable.

• On the 8th my gamepad will catch fire.

• @Alcoremortis said: Well, I live in Southern California within driving distance of the hottest temperatures ever recorded on the planet.

Sooooo... pretty damn hot.

But it's not so much the temperatures we have today, it's more that we have those temperatures for about eight months out of the year.

Like, I see you guys getting high seventies and eighties... one time I think it got to a hundred or so for a week... and that's a very mild summer in SoCal. True, sweltering heat is when it starts getting significantly over a hundred. I think the hottest I've gotten in my area was somewhere around a hundred and fifteen. And our air conditioner broke. That was when we got a whole house fan as a back-up system because nobody wanted to ever have to go through that again.

I read a statitsic the other day, that less than 0.5% of British homes have air conditioning. Which is definitely true. I've never been in a home with air con. And maybe only 4 or 5 stores with it. So temperatures may be lower here, but there is no escape when it does get hot. I was in London the other week
    when it reached 35 degrees, and it was just horrible on the underground. They were giving out health warnings over the tannoy, and they had people standing in the stations with bottles of water in case anyone felt faint.

I suck with heat. I just sweat buckets, all the time. And I burn incredibly easily. And my eyes are sensitive to the light. But today is good. We've had storms all day. And what looked like a triple rainbow (just about, I couldn't make my mind up.).

• yeah, opening a window is the UK version of air conditioning but if there is no wind it is just pointless so instead of cooling the house you just get bugs in your house

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Imagine your 60 year old mom calls and tells you, completely out of the blue, that her wedding is Thursday next week, and you're supposed to be there, your job be damned.

Weird life right now. REALLY weird life. :eek:

• The older you get, the less time you want to waste.

So yeah, not so hot today. It was good. Except that, of course, I HAD A FUCKING TOOTHACHE. All day, getting more and more painful as time went on. Towards 18:00, it was getting almost unbearable.

The ironic thing? Right at the end of my work shift, it stopped hurting. Like, completely.

...I hate my body.

• SpongeBob: Please, Mr. Dutchman, we can't take it! Constantly moaning and groaning!
    Patrick: Invisible to the world!
    SpongeBob: Living without a soul!
    Patrick: IT'S MISERABLE!
    SpongeBob: HOW COULD ANYONE LIVE LIKE THIS?!
    *Squidward drinks tea* Hmm?...

• @Vainamoinen said:

Sierra... Sierra... nope, doesn't ring a bell.

On a serious note: There's nothing wrong with adventure games getting a tad easier these days, and there definitely is something right in eliminating dead ends, fostering the game's responses towards the player's attempt to solve a puzzle, and lowering the frustration level to some degree. Seriously, you love adventure games, but the patience you display towards this particular type of game is not something we see of you in real life much. ;) This is not something that happened to the traditional adventure genre exclusively because its players 'dumb down'. The truth is, it happens to every game genre with the central difference that designers can't just offer a puzzle difficulty slider in the start menu. They're either going the brutal traditional way or they're making it more approachable.

You're right, it is weird. But I tend to be pretty patient IRL. Not online. I get set off online all the time everywhere. The internet is the worst. But IRL it's different. I also have a lot of patience for adventure games. I just do, I don't know why.

This discussion has been closed.