User Avatar Image

Kenny..really?

posted by Roy1306 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

its not another "kenny is alive "thread coz i dont want him in S2 but after few times of playing I decited f kenny -im 100% behind lilly.
i agree kenny can be a great guy if you are 100% with him but..why should you do that?
berely a day after you met him there is the duck argument in the drugstore,kenny is expecting lee to have his back even if we dont know duck is bitten wich is unfair towards lee.
on the argument with lilly in e2 lilly says :everyone started hating me coz im the 1 handeling the food rations" while kenny just complaining about how shitty job she is doing..she was the 1 to step and lead.not him.

meat locker :
Larry situation was pretty much same as the bitten-duck argument :
1.they both had a risk for coming back as a walker
2.rest of the group was closed with them (walkers outsie of the drugstore/locked at the meat locker)

3-thier condition was unknown (dead larry/bitten duck)

so when it was kenny's son -he wasnt bitten
when it was lilly's dad-he is dead
he didnt do it to protect the group - for me it was like a revange for the man that wanted to kill his son - and he is (again) expecting lee to help him kill lilly's only thing she got left.

argument in ep3 he want to abandon the only shelter they got coz he thinks after 3 months of the apocolypse there are boats left..really?

I chose the "go f yourself option n ep4..didnt have any patience to his games when clem is in danger

what do you think about the man and what are your opinion about these cases I mentioned?

excuse my english btw :P

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He's my third favorite character, but put simply, he is an asshole.

I was entirely on his side in the game, except for the meat locker incident. I try to save Larry and he just outright leaves you for dead at least twice, not to mention he carries a grudge on you at the end of episode 2/beginning of episode 3. If you don't agree with him on every last thing, he eventually screws you over in one way or the other.

Everyone on this forum going "Team Kenny!" has probably ended up agreeing with him on every single last thing. Kenny is ONLY completely nice throughout the whole game if you bend your back over for him every time he needs an opinion or needs you on his side.

He's a good character, and had the most heroic death (be it the Christa or Ben death). I want to end his character being someone who had a perfect character arc, and being someone we were all fond of.

• @Zeruis said: Everyone on this forum going "Team Kenny!" has probably ended up agreeing with him on every single last thing. Kenny is ONLY completely nice throughout the whole game if you bend your back over for him every time he needs an opinion or needs you on his side.

Not true. I was Kenny's best pal, but I was light years away from being his lap dog. When Kenny tried to urge everyone to steal from the Stranger's car, I was the only one who sided with Clementine, simply because I felt enough was enough. I also shot the woman in the street, despite Kenny insisting we should allow her to die horribly so we can make off with a little more food.

Kenny stuck by me to the end, even after I made these choices. The meat locker incident appears to be the officially designated turning point in your relationship with Kenny, for good or ill. I think the reason Kenny turns against you so violently if you try to save Larry is 1) he is a straight-up asshole sometimes, and 2) you left Kenny alone with an unpopular decision that alienated him from the rest of the group.

It's also important to remember that, even if Kenny was a complete tool from episode 2 onwards, he always gives that speech in the suicide couple's room about "sticking it out" and saving Clementine, which indicated his personality was changing for the better. If Kenny survives into season 2 - that's a big if - I'm inclined to believe his near-death trauma will have driven out the selfish man we knew from season 1.

• I agree, he would become more like his selfless self in Episode 1, and I did not take the food from the station wagon and I did not drop Ben but I still got the Bro speech.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: I agree, he would become more like his selfless self in Episode 1, and I did not take the food from the station wagon and I did not drop Ben but I still got the Bro speech.

I wouldn't say Kenny was "selfless" in episode 1. He saved his son, only to ditch Shawn. (This was probably meant to be a subtle hint as to how Kenny's personality would develop in later episodes). You could tell he was haunted by his actions, however, and after losing Duck and Katjaa, Kenny had to start caring for other people besides his family, otherwise he would have self-destructed.

(Fans keep pointing out how much of a dick Kenny can be, but no one seems to have a problem with Katjaa revealing her bitchy side when she scolds Lee for trying to save Shawn instead of Duck. Lady, I didn't exactly have time to flip a fucking coin!)

• You got a point there, no one points that out ever.

• @Robert Morgan said:
    (Fans keep pointing out how much of a dick Kenny can be, but no one seems to have a problem with Katjaa revealing her bitchy side when she scolds Lee for trying to save Shawn instead of Duck. Lady, I didn't exactly have time to flip a fucking coin!)

ture

• @Robert Morgan said: (Fans keep pointing out how much of a dick Kenny can be, but no one seems to have a problem with Katjaa revealing her bitchy side when she scolds Lee for trying to save Shawn instead of Duck. Lady, I didn't exactly have time to flip a fucking coin!)

Katjaa told Lee that he needed to prioritize the children above all else if it ever came down to it like it did with Shawn. Not very understanding, but not completely unreasonable.

Kenny admitted fucking up by not saving Shawn when he could have, was consoled by Lee, and then out of nowhere took a random shot at Lee for not looking out for Duck on Hershel's farm. Even after Lee stood up for him in the drug store and gave him one of four extremely scarce food items.

And then at the end of episode 4, saying that Lee looked out for HIMSELF more often than his friends? No. Just no. If Kenny had said Lee looked out for other people more often than him? Fine. Not true, but fine. Saying that Lee, one of the most selfless, self-sacrificing characters in the game put himself before others? Well, you can fuck right off there, buddy.

• @DomeWing333 said: Kenny admitted fucking up by not saving Shawn when he could have, was consoled by Lee, and then out of nowhere took a random shot at Lee for not looking out for Duck on Hershel's farm.

That was just Kenny being childish. (You DO mean the scene by the St. John swing, and not a "gunshot" shot, right?) It's obvious the guy had serious issues, and even Katjaa called him out on his petty attitude every night. If anything, season 1 shows how Kenny grows from a man-child to an actual man.

• Omid is a man-child. Eddie is a man-child. Doug is a man-child. Kenny is a douche. An interesting, at times honorable, overall sympathetic douche. But a douche nonetheless.

• @DomeWing333 said: Omid is a man-child. Eddie is a man-child. Doug is a man-child. Kenny is a douche. An interesting, at times honorable, overall sympathetic douche. But a douche nonetheless.

I disagree. He's a good man with a bad disposition.

Add Comment