User Avatar Image

I've made analysis posts about different characters

posted by Visambros on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Does anyone want to read them?

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Visambros said: Does anyone want to read them?

Not really, but you go right ahead sweetie.

• That reply made me laugh.
    Okay yeah, I'll post them.

• @Visambros said: That reply made me laugh.
    Okay yeah, I'll post them.

Knock yourself out. then wake up and smell the coffee

• Please note that these analyses are not the set in stone. I could be wrong about the conclusions that I make and you are allowed to disagree with me. Also there may be spelling/grammar errors because I sometimes miss them when I edit what I write.

Here we go!

Justin - Possible apocalypse community leader

On the 400th day of the apocalypse, Vince said that Justin went off on his own in an attempt to find a safe community to live in. It is possible that, if Justin fails to find a safe place but comes across other survivors, he could make his own community and become its leader.

Justin has many qualities of being a leader. He was able to steal money from people by convincing them to give it to him, something that takes a good amount of charisma, strong persuasion skills, and a gift for lying. In a time where people need someone to turn to he would be a good authoritative figure.

Whether or not he would be a corrupt leader is a different story. In the past he was ruined people’s lives doing what he did. Though he didn’t (directly) kill people, he still had a disregard for their wellbeing.

He also has a hard time stomaching violence, as seen when he threw up after Vince shot the zombie. But this tolerance for death will change the longer he lives through the apocalypse, possibly making him more willing to kill.

Though it is unlikely that Justin would become a cult leader, it’s not impossible. He certainly won’t be a moral leader.

• Becca’s Value on Life

The young girl seems to be very accepting of the deaths of others: She jokingly suggests that Clive could be used as a zombie watchdog if he dies, she was in favour of letting the foreign intruder die, and when Becca finds out that Stephanie tried to steal supplies from them she quickly agreed that the woman should die and even offered to kill her herself.

This as led people to believe that Becca is very cold and has little value on the lives of other people.

But is this truly the case?

Becca and Shel most likely lost both of their parents due to the apocalypse. Losing a parent is a great tragedy, especially when you’ve lost them in a horrific way. When you are older, though it is still very difficult, your years of experience helps you to better deal with this. When you’re young this is much more difficult.

Dealing with grief would be even harder when put in a situation when you are fighting to survive every single day. Monsters are roaming around, killing your friends and neighbours, and sometimes all you can do is watch as you try to save yourself.

If Becca had seen her parents die, along with living with the knowledge that zombies and other people could at any moment try to kill her too, it would definitely make her do anything to survive.

Some adults during the apocalypse have a hard time believing that lives of others are worth as much as their own, and they had years of experience knowing that all lives have value. Children, who are still learning not to be selfish, would have a harder time with this. Becca is not a child, but she isn’t an adult either.

Becca isn’t cold, she’s just afraid and wants to survive. However, she does run the risk of becoming completely heartless, though this does not necessarily have to happen.

• NOTE This can also be seen as a question for anybody who reads this. Because I don't know how this is possible.

Eddie shouldn’t be soaked

On the 41 day of the apocalypse, Eddie shot one of Nate’s friends in the head. Wyatt and Eddie both acknowledge that Eddie was soaked in the person’s blood because of it.

But that doesn’t make any sense. At all.

I’ll draw a very bad pictures to illustrate.

Now, Eddie said that he saw the guy’s brains coming out of the back of his head. Which means that he shot the guy in the face.
    tumblr_inline_mqpudbN2uu1qz4rgp.png

He shouldn’t have gotten any blood on him. It’s not possible. Unless he teleported behind him after firing the gun. In which case he would have been hit by the bullet.

• Bad and Good

When we are faced with people who do bad things, both in the fictional world and in real life, the majority will come to the agreement that the souls of those people are completely dark.

It is very hard for them to believe that bad people are not 100% bad. One of the reasons for this mentality comes from thought that, if these people truly had good qualities, then they would not be able to do the horrible things that they do.

But if we take, for example, a character from The Walking Dead game, we realize that this isn’t true.

There was a man who, along with his brother, brought a group of hungry survivors to their farm so that he and his family could cannibalize off of them. But when he found out that his brother and mother were dead he was absolutely devastated. Because he loved them. And love is considered to be one of the most purest quality human beings can have.

Does his love for his family make up for what he did? No. Does it mean that he isn’t a bad person? No. But it does mean that he is not completely heartless. He is not all darkness.

People are not only black or white, good or bad. They are gray, regardless of the many shades. And if a story has good writing, characters of that story should be gray too.

The Walking Dead game has good writing.

• @Visambros said: NOTE This can also be seen as a question for anybody who reads this. Because I don't know how this is possible.

Eddie shouldn’t be soaked

On the 41 day of the apocalypse, Eddie shot one of Nate’s friends in the head. Wyatt and Eddie both acknowledge that Eddie was soaked in the person’s blood because of it.

But that doesn’t make any sense. At all.

I’ll draw a very bad pictures to illustrate.

Now, Eddie said that he saw the guy’s brains coming out of the back of his head. Which means that he shot the guy in the face.
    tumblr_inline_mqpudbN2uu1qz4rgp.png

He shouldn’t have gotten any blood on him. It’s not possible. Unless he teleported behind him after firing the gun. In which case he would have been hit by the bullet.

Chances are you have not seen anyone get shot in the head in real life and only in movies ( i have never seen it either btw ) but bllod would not just come out of the back of his head, it would also expload from the entry wound, and a big ass revolver like that may have infact made the most part of his head EXPLOAD, meaning blood and brains would fly in all directions, plus we dont know how close eddie was to him, or the angle or anything like that, just that he shot him.

• I made a bunch of posts about Nate because he's a very interesting character and I like him (And I really hope he doesn't die if he's in Season 2. But I think he will. SAD) They are very VERY long so I'll only post the links to them here.

Part 1 - Psychopathy and Mental Illness (with added explanations)
    This post attempts to find out if Nate is truly a psychopath.

Part 2 - Stealing
    Discuses Nate’s view on the subject.

Part 3 - 41 Days In
    This one is less of an analysis of Nate and more trying to figure out what happened on this day.

Part 4 - Russell: Random Stranger or Replacement Goldfish
    This is about how Nate views Russell based on the what the older man has gone through.

Part 5 - Sexuality and Romance
    Attempting to discover Nate’s sexuality and romantic leanings.

• @KilledLarry said: Chances are you have not seen anyone get shot in the head in real life and only in movies ( i have never seen it either btw ) but bllod would not just come out of the back of his head, it would also expload from the entry wound, and a big ass revolver like that may have infact made the most part of his head EXPLOAD, meaning blood and brains would fly in all directions, plus we dont know how close eddie was to him, or the angle or anything like that, just that he shot him.

Yeah, I have no idea how guns work in real life. But to see a guys head explode would be awful.

...Wait a minute, wouldn't Eddie have said "his head exploded" instead of "brains came out of the back of his head" if his head really did explode?

And yeah, we don't know what angle he was in. I wish we had a bit more information about what happened.

Add Comment