User Avatar Image

I've made analysis posts about different characters

posted by Visambros on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Does anyone want to read them?

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Visambros said: Bad and Good

    When we are faced with people who do bad things, both in the fictional world and in real life, the majority will come to the agreement that the souls of those people are completely dark.

    It is very hard for them to believe that bad people are not 100% bad. One of the reasons for this mentality comes from thought that, if these people truly had good qualities, then they would not be able to do the horrible things that they do.

    But if we take, for example, a character from The Walking Dead game, we realize that this isn’t true.

    There was a man who, along with his brother, brought a group of hungry survivors to their farm so that he and his family could cannibalize off of them. But when he found out that his brother and mother were dead he was absolutely devastated. Because he loved them. And love is considered to be one of the most purest quality human beings can have.

    Does his love for his family make up for what he did? No. Does it mean that he isn’t a bad person? No. But it does mean that he is not completely heartless. He is not all darkness.

    People are not only black or white, good or bad. They are gray, regardless of the many shades. And if a story has good writing, characters of that story should be gray too

    The Walking Dead game has good writing.

    Of course :)

    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreyAndGrayMorality

    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvenEvilHasLovedOnes

    I can get lost in that site for hours; it's a rabbit hole.

  • @Sick Octopus said: Of course :)

    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreyAndGrayMorality

    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvenEvilHasLovedOnes

    I can get lost in that site for hours; it's a rabbit hole.

    I really LOVE tvtropes! That website is amazing!
    But the fanficrecs for The Walking Dead page needs more work done to it.

  • Is the female walker in Russell’s story foreshadowing?

    Look at the walker
    tumblr_inline_mpvslvKB3A1qz4rgp.png

    Even from this angle, she doesn’t look very appealing right? Ten my butt.

    That’s not the point though. Look at her hand.
    tumblr_inline_mpvso43Na71qz4rgp.png

    There’s a hole through it. Now who else do we know that has an injury through the hand?
    tumblr_inline_mpvsu3Mxtv1qz4rgp.pngtumblr_inline_mpvsuaFKGl1qz4rgp.png

    Freaking NATE.

    Now, this could just be a coincidence but I don’t know. Maybe this is foreshadowing that Nate will turn into a zombie.

    (No please NO PLEASE. SAD)

  • As you can tell by now, I posted all of these on Tumblr first. I'm keeping them the way they are (Unless I see spelling/grammar errors of course)

    HEY HO LET’S TALK ABOUT DANNY

    So I’ve noticed that, even though Danny says that he was falsely accused, the majority (If not all) of the people on tumblr don’t believe him. For a while I wondered by, until I realized it was because no one wants to side with the rapist.

    I’m sure many people believe that Danny really did it, but I also believe the reason why people won’t come out and say “I think he didn’t do it" is because they’re using a “better safe than sorry" policy on him.

    Better be safe and say he did do it than sorry that they believed in him.

    Whether or not Danny did do it, this has some serious real world implications. If a man were to be accused of rape, his life is ruined if he really didn’t do it. This is because either no one wants to believe the man, or they are scared of being on his side. Even if it gets publicly known that he was not a rapist, he’ll aways have that stigma surrounding him.

    Going back to Danny, I will be the first person on tumblr (I think) to personally say that I think he didn’t do it. I am not 100% sure, but most of me believes that this is true. If I am wrong, I will admit that I was wrong.

  • @Visambros said: I really LOVE tvtropes! That website is amazing!
    But the fanficrecs for The Walking Dead page needs more work done to it.

    Certainly is.

    You are brave for sharing and you've made some good points, although I've not had a chance to read everything yet.


    Re: Eddie and the headshot. They can be pretty messy.

  • @Sick Octopus said: Certainly is.

    You are brave for sharing and you've made some good points, although I've not had a chance to read everything yet.


    Re: Eddie and the headshot. They can be pretty messy.

    Thank you. I was originally afraid to post them here, but I thought "why not?". Also I got encouragement from people on tumblr too.

    Yeah, I thought so. But how close was Eddie to the guy? We don't know, but I always assumed he was taken by surprise when he saw someone coming towards him from afar. But then again, the guy could have been right behind him, Eddie turned around and shot him in the head. I don't know.

  • @Visambros said: Please note that these analyses are not the set in stone. I could be wrong about the conclusions that I make and you are allowed to disagree with me. Also there may be spelling/grammar errors because I sometimes miss them when I edit what I write.

    Here we go!

    Justin - Possible apocalypse community leader

    On the 400th day of the apocalypse, Vince said that Justin went off on his own in an attempt to find a safe community to live in. It is possible that, if Justin fails to find a safe place but comes across other survivors, he could make his own community and become its leader.

    Justin has many qualities of being a leader. He was able to steal money from people by convincing them to give it to him, something that takes a good amount of charisma, strong persuasion skills, and a gift for lying. In a time where people need someone to turn to he would be a good authoritative figure.

    Whether or not he would be a corrupt leader is a different story. In the past he was ruined people’s lives doing what he did. Though he didn’t (directly) kill people, he still had a disregard for their wellbeing.

    He also has a hard time stomaching violence, as seen when he threw up after Vince shot the zombie. But this tolerance for death will change the longer he lives through the apocalypse, possibly making him more willing to kill.

    Though it is unlikely that Justin would become a cult leader, it’s not impossible. He certainly won’t be a moral leader.

    An immoral leader of a community would be cool to see in the game. I was disappointed that Crawford died before ep.4

    Problem is, I think Justin makes an appearance as a walker in Russel's storyline if you decline Nate's ride. I'm not sure about this, but undead Danny definitely shows up there if you didn't save him

  • @MerakMissile2 said: An immoral leader of a community would be cool to see in the game. I was disappointed that Crawford died before ep.4

    Problem is, I think Justin makes an appearance as a walker in Russel's storyline if you decline Nate's ride. I'm not sure about this, but undead Danny definitely shows up there if you didn't save him

    Justin does make an appearance in Russell's story as a zombie if you don't save him. Which means that he's a character who may or may not be in Season 2 depending on your choice (if he does show up in season 2 at all).

    Though this post was more about what could happen if he did survive and less about if it would happen in Season 2. If something like this does happen in season 2, then I doubt that he'd be the leader because of his living-or-dead status. Maybe he'd be a right hand man? And if you didn't save him he'd be replaced by somebody else?

  • I can agree with you about the fact that some people might kill Danny for the only reason that he's most likely a rapist. It was one of my reasons and I was surprised so many people offed Justin, and often their justification is that Danny was innocent. For me he was guilty, given all the clues I had, and he was trying to repress the memory, like the cop said in episode 1. I don't want to start another flame war, but why do you think he was innocent?

  • @Visambros said: Justin does make an appearance in Russell's story as a zombie if you don't save him. Which means that he's a character who may or may not be in Season 2 depending on your choice (if he does show up in season 2 at all).

    Though this post was more about what could happen if he did survive and less about if it would happen in Season 2. If something like this does happen in season 2, then I doubt that he'd be the leader because of his living-or-dead status. Maybe he'd be a right hand man? And if you didn't save him he'd be replaced by somebody else?

    Thanks for clarifying:)

    But yeah, I doubt Justin would be a leader whether or not he survived. He seems more like a subordinate who would use cunning and lying to control things behind the scenes...or something.

Add Comment