User Avatar Image

I've made analysis posts about different characters

posted by Visambros on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Does anyone want to read them?

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kaserkin said: I can agree with you about the fact that some people might kill Danny for the only reason that he's most likely a rapist. It was one of my reasons and I was surprised so many people offed Justin, and often their justification is that Danny was innocent. For me he was guilty, given all the clues I had, and he was trying to repress the memory, like the cop said in episode 1. I don't want to start another flame war, but why do you think he was innocent?

Oh my god I don't want to start a flame war too! I remember when I posted it on tumblr I was afraid of accidentally starting something. Nothing did, thank God. I hope that doesn't happen here. :(

I think he was innocent because of the way he was acting throughout the whole chapter. He did have negative moments, such as when he was pulling the chain at the beginning. But the other times were what really stood out to me.

The major ones where when he tried to help the prisoner that was getting choked, asking for the police guy to make sure the prisoner was alright, and standing in front of Vince and Justin when the police guy was pointing the gun at them. Those moments just seem far too good for someone who committed such a horrible crime.

I could be wrong though. Maybe he has his morals in one place and not the other. As Stephen King once said; "Even serial killers will help old ladies across the street" (Or something like that).

• @MerakMissile2 said: Thanks for clarifying:)

But yeah, I doubt Justin would be a leader whether or not he survived. He seems more like a subordinate who would use cunning and lying to control things behind the scenes...or something.

I can see that too.

I originally was going to write why he won't be a good leader along with why he would, but I was too lazy.

• For me he was guilty, because of all that Justin said, which was most likely true (why would he lie in the first place?), and when I pointed the gun at him he said he did "bad things".
    I also think he repressed his memory because he eventually started to change back into a criminal before the girls got in the group if you save him because of what Russ said. But I didn't know that when I saved Justin, so it doesn't really count.

• @Kaserkin said: For me he was guilty, because of all that Justin said, which was most likely true (why would he lie in the first place?), and when I pointed the gun at him he said he did "bad things".
    I also think he repressed his memory because he eventually started to change back into a criminal before the girls got in the group if you save him because of what Russ said. But I didn't know that when I saved Justin, so it doesn't really count.

The whole "bad things" quote from Danny is what's keeping me from being 100% sure that he didn't do it. Seriously, that one line is what's stopping me.

What Russell said doesn't necessarily mean (although it could be the case) that Danny was turning back into a criminal before he died. It could also mean that Russell learned what Danny was accused and reacted very badly to him. I don't know.

• Yeah, it's difficult to know for sure,but that's what I got out of the clues I was given. But the crime he commited wasn't my only reason to kill him. He was brave, but he was still kind of a dick and not really smart. When the cop pointed the gun at us, I thought that calming him down was the right thing to do, not standing in front of him asking him if he wants to shoot somebody else. And that walker at the front...

• @Kaserkin said: Yeah, it's difficult to know for sure,but that's what I got out of the clues I was given. But the crime he commited wasn't my only reason to kill him. He was brave, but he was still kind of a dick and not really smart. When the cop pointed the gun at us, I thought that calming him down was the right thing to do, not standing in front of him asking him if he wants to shoot somebody else. And that walker at the front...

Justin was pretty bad too, but I guess him being smart and knowing how to handle people (through manipulation or just common sense) would put him as a better choice to keep.

In a realistic situation, Justin would be a better choice because of his people skills and intelligence. All that Danny has going for him (If I'm right and he didn't rape anyone) is that he's nice and less likely to abandon/turn on you.

• I totally agree with you. Both have qualities and flaws. But I think Justin was friendly in his own way, fooling around when the situation isn't serious. I have to admit he has a major handicap with that name...

• @Kaserkin said: I totally agree with you. Both have qualities and flaws. But I think Justin was friendly in his own way, fooling around when the situation isn't serious. I have to admit he has a major handicap with that name...

Justin is friendly in his own way, though it took me a while to notice that.

There's something wrong with his name?

• People don't like some other guy called Justin, and they may associate them. I think you know who I'm talking about...

• @Kaserkin said: People don't like some other guy called Justin, and they may associate them. I think you know who I'm talking about...

I actually didn't and I had to google it.
    I didn't know he was on the show! Wow. That must have been interesting.

But they look nothing alike, though I see what you're saying.

Add Comment