User Avatar Image

Why all are hate Larry?

posted by Pro_Spammer on - last edited - Viewed by 943 users

Someone should stepping up to struggle against Larry's haters.

Like everyone else I was hate Larry after playing first episode but second episode changes my mind!, Would you like to know why? Ok then I'll tell you :D

Did anyone notice how happy he was in the dairy? He was happy and trying to not be an as* in dairy, and it tease me when I thinking about how happy he was and how awful Kenny smash his head

Beside that I've really really really loved his last conversation with Lee

Lee: Guss your new girl friend wasn't all she was cracked up to be.
Larry: What the hell is your problem?
Larry: You refused to give me my day's rations back at the motor lodge
Larry: And you were out of your way to be an as*hole to me tonight
Larry: You must really hate me.

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mornai said: I'm saying one should bow down to what everyone else thinks, but we're talking about a zombie apocalypse here. You either do what say(barring certain extremes), or risk significantly increased chance of death surviving alone(or until you find a different group). If Ben demanded that Carley/Doug be thrown out of the group because he didn't trust them, and tried to do so forcefully, he'd probably be out on the streets and dead by episode 3.

And yes, they are all murderers. That doesn't make them bad people, but it's something you may have to do to survive in a widespread apocalyptic event, like it or not.

To reiterate, that viewpoint doesn't make sense logically, or morally at the end of the day - it just incentives killing off anyone else who might disagree while they sleep. By your own admission, you're saying you should bow down to guys like Stalin (who pointedly purged people who disagreed with him). Hell, the average approval rating of the world's worst dictatorships at the time of their inception tended to average around 80 - 90% (incidentally, this is why countries like the U.S. tend to go out of their way to protect the rights of the minority).

And you said in this very thread "murder" shouldn't be treated differently depending on its circumstances, e.g. whether it occurred pre-or-post apocalypse. So then why should other circumstances matter? If I assassinate all the people who might disagree with my iron-fisted rule by poisoning their water or ventilating them from a few hundred yards, it'd be just as kosher as self-defense? If not, why? Hell, by your standard, you're basically admitting Larry's a more innocent person than Clementine, nevermind Lee.

Incidentally, this is why nobody in a position of authority (or with common sense) uses your definition of "murder" it's vague to the point that the word literally loses meaning and why killing somebody is separated into catergories like self-defense, manslaughter, and then murder.

• Okay ill tell you why I hate Larry.

1. he tried to kill Lee
    2. he accused Duck of being bitten, which pissed me off because I was on Kenny's side
    3. he's racist
    4. he's rude as hell
    I could name lots more.
    I know that he was just trying to protect Lilly, but he didn't have to be an asshole to everyone else.

• Rommel49 you don't need a law against murder for it to be murder, there doesn't need to be strict dictionary/legal definition of anything for it to be morally wrong, if Lee had died at the pharmacy because larry knocked him out to be eaten by zombies, it would be wrong, it doesn't matter how you define it whether you call it murder, ZAmurder or splerge, it doesn't matter, but for convenience sake (easy to understand) it would be called murder

• Lol all your base are belong to us

• @Rock114 said: Larry's an asshole. He hates anyone who isn't related to him, with the exception of those "nice folks" that turned out to be cannibals. Hoo boy. I can understand not trusting Lee, I wouldn't either in his place, but he's a straight up jerkass toward everyone else.

"Hey, little boy, before you eat your mommy, you get to see your dad get his nose broken!" That's Larry tormenting Duck. He also cals him a "snot nosed toddler" right in front of him and his parents. The man is practically torturing a 10 year old child, right in front of his parents to boot. That's what made me hate Larry. Seems kind of hard to justify putting a child through that.

This.

He had the old cool point though. One being that he kinda looks like a severely exaggerated George. C. Scott.

tumblr_lqerlrBo0G1qidi1ao1_500.gif

• @Mornai said: Indeed, it's all up to the individual. If the majority of people in your group decide that your murder was unjustified or unreasonable, you're in trouble, regardless of what you personally think.

I think most of the group in episode 1(or 2) would have gone against Larry if he killed Lee or Duck, even if Larry(and Lilly) thought it was justified. Admittedly most of the group doesn't know about Lee's past during the first episode, but in the second I bet most of the group would side with Lee even after knowing about his past.

How i define murder, is simply when you kill someone. If it's necessary to stop an enemy from harming the group, so be it. If the rest of the group disagrees with me and throws me to the curb...so be it.

I don't know. I think there is more to the definition of murder than just killing someone. For instance voluntary manslaughter is defined as an incident that "occurs when one person intends to kill another but does so suddenly and as a result of great personal distress. The Wrongdoer must have become very upset before the killing." (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manslaughter) Which is partly why I am sympathetic towards Lilly since she definitely fits the criteria for a voluntary manslaughter case, as does Lee even if he was convicted for murder, but that's for another thread.

• @thestalkinghead said: Rommel49 you don't need a law against murder for it to be murder, there doesn't need to be strict dictionary/legal definition of anything for it to be morally wrong, if Lee had died at the pharmacy because larry knocked him out to be eaten by zombies, it would be wrong, it doesn't matter how you define it whether you call it murder, ZAmurder or splerge, it doesn't matter, but for convenience sake (easy to understand) it would be called murder

Apart from when manslaughter is a factor of course. Killing someone, for instance "suddenly and as a result of great personal distress"(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manslaughter) wouldn't necessarily be judged as immoral in a court of law. This case study is a good example; “A dad's son was kidnapped and murdered. The kidnapper was caught and confessed. The dad saw the kidnapper the next day in an interview and in sudden rage, the dad grabbed a revolver from a nearby officer and killed the kidnapper. The dad was charged with voluntary manslaughter." (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manslaughter) I know who and what I thought of when I read that case study. The infamous Lilly road side scene.

• Story time gather round.
    I didn't hate Larry, he kept Lee's secret mostly, I even tried to be nice to the dude but no cigar even with charm coming out of his ass he was still a jerk to Lee. I always thought "If I have to choose between you or anyone else in the group you're walker bait." and that's how Larry met his friend the salt lick. The end.

• Great story, I felt like I was there.

Add Comment