User Avatar Image

( Poll ) do you WANT to see people from the TV Show in season 2? ( poll )

posted by StalkerWalker on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

I think this is a shitty idear because the game taking place in the world of the comics is what made me love the game, when i play it i like the feeling that somewhere out there rick and his gang ( from the comics ) are out there doing there thing, so to add add anyone from the TV show and make them LOOK liek them ( Example if they brought Andrea in and made her look like TV show andrea ) it would ruin it for me, im fine with adding a few comic characters for a cameo, but DO NOT ADD TV SHOW CHARACTERS, i hope other die hard comic fans agree on this.

BTW the " yes " choice = yes i would mind, " no " = no i would not mind

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Absolutely NOT I don't want the tv characters in the game, it would spoil it for me since I don't watch the tv show nor do I want to. F*ck the tv show, f*ck this idea to put the tv characters in the game, f*ck that - Justin 400 days quote.

• But the thing I will say if Telltale goes through with this:

"GODDAMMIT, BEN! GODDAMMIT GODDMAMMTISNDSDSAJHDSADKAJS WHY???? GODDAMMIT WHY GODDAMMIT F*UCK NO, WHY?!?!?!?!!?"
    But let's hope I won't have to yell that out loud.

• I have only watched the first season of the TV show and don't even remember most of the characters anymore. I think Daryl is the only one who managed to stick in my head and who I actually rooted for.
    In the game I got attached to almost all characters. Even those who I disliked, I found still to be interesting and memorable.

So I would prefer for them not to mix the two and just focus on their great original characters. I wouldn't mind some small hints towards the TV show but please don't put your focus on them. Of course the game could actually make the characters from the show better (since IMO the writing is FAR superior in the game) but they do not have as much freedom with those characters so they could just fall flat on their faces and distract from the original characters.

• I'm pretty sure they already said that the comic and the game take place in the same universe so basically putting a TV show character in there especially one that wasn't in the comics like Daryl wouldn't be that great in my opinion.

• I'd be ok if there was only one or two and if they were in only one or two episodes.

• It wont't spoil the game if they did it but I prefer them NOT to do it.

• I don't like characters who are immortal...
    If someone turns up and Tellale couldn't kill them off without breaking canon and getting trouble then that character makes it boring...
    It needs to be possible at any time for a character to be brutally killed...

• If they have a good reason for including the TV show characters, sure. I liked what they did with Glenn. It was a tie-in but it wasn't overt and you didn't need to know about to appreciate his character. They should just have a valid reason or a specific idea in mind for the character that they use. Don't just throw random TV characters in just for the sake of it. It'd just seems beneath them at this point.

• I agree, they won't do something this dumb, at least I hope not.

• In the FAQ about the first season, you can read :

"Is this game based on the comic books or the TV show?

We see the comic books as canon."

Why would telltale want to make a season 2 based on the TV show now? It would bring a complete lack of cohesion in the storyline IMHO...

Add Comment