1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • People who make movies should threaten to sue anyone who doesn't see it or says its bad, for loss of earnings.

• @coolsome said: People who make movies should threaten to sue anyone who doesn't see it or says its bad, for loss of earnings.

The only problem is that there are legal exceptions specific to reviews and that whole nagging freedom/right of free speech thing I keep hearing about.

• Crap, forgot to mention I'm an uncle now.

• @coolsome said: Am I too mainstream cos I don't like Cyclops.

Well, Cyclops was pretty popular until the cartoon hit. Character and voice actor were just awful. He kind of became the goody whiny Robocop 2 reprogrammed version of himself.

• @Darth Marsden said: It's the internet. People will bitch about anything. Unfortunately, that's just how the world works.

See, if I were in charge, then everything would be available on the internet. No censorship, no restrictions, nothing like that. But you'd have to use your real name. You wanna slag someone off? Fine. But everyone will know that it's Dave Generic from Newport that's insulting someone else.

You watch. The amount of negative stuff on the internet will half overnight.

As for your other comments... well, yeah. Some people are in it for the money. But not everyone is - some are genuinely in it for the love of the game. They don't tend to be as well known, but they exist. You just have to dig deep to find them, because they're usually too busy actually making games to be noticed.

Have you never followed a video game page on Facebook? I know for Rock Band, the facebook announcement threads were where they got the most negativity. People shouting obscenities about how RB sucks and Harmonix sucks balls because (favorite band) isn't included, and people are doing this with their real name showing. The FEZ facebook page is pleasantly positive at the moment but there are still a number of random haters visible

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I agree with Luigi here. Anonymity is an absolute necessity on the internet. I practically breathe it. What you do on the internet stays there, forever. Every teensy little conversation, every god dam picture for everyone to google and find immediately. The net doesn't get my real name. Ohhhhh no.

And facebook indeed is proof that the net isn't just assholes hiding behind fake names... fake names are completely optional for assholes. :o

• @GaryCXJk said: Crap, forgot to mention I'm an uncle now.

A monkey's uncle?

• @Vainamoinen said: fake names are completely optional for assholes. :o

Hey! As an asshole on the internet I feel offended. Of course I use a fake profile on Gesichtsbuch.

This discussion has been closed.