User Avatar Image

Which group is worse?

posted by WantaFanta on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

These groups (of people) had ways of surviving, but they did it in moralistically wrong ways. Which of these groups do you think were the most inhumane during the Apocalypse? St. Johns, Crawford, or the bandits?

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The St. John's were just cannibals.
    Crawford had a good idea.
    Bacon and Toast go well together.

I guess the Bandits since all they do is rob and kill. And they all deserve to die. Then again, there are more gangs than cannibals in real life.

• @Cany0udance said: The St. John's were just cannibals.

JUST cannibals???

• And, in the unused lines, Ben and Travis may have been forced to watch as the bandits assaulted the women in their group. And Jolene's daughter even.

• But although I find the St. John's wholly sickening and immoral, the Bandits surely must win this one. Raping and killing little girls...?? Christ....

• @VengefulKenny said: JUST cannibals???

Ok, and murderers. Not as bad as the bandits acts.

• I'd say Crawford. The sick, old and children were kicked out of Crawford due to their "survival of the fittest" get-go. If that wasn't bad enough, Crawford also refused to give meds to residents who were on the verge of death or seriously ill. Hence, Molly had to exchange sex for drugs to help her diabetic sister. Supplies were used very sparingly according to the numerous signs and symbols around the school. Looters would be shot on the spot, and the residents had to "make the most they could out of their rations."

The St. Johns ate people before and after the apocalypse. The entirety of Lee and co.'s visit to the dairy was set on the intent that they would eventually be killed off, or eaten. Andy went so far as to try to kill Lee and Mark with the electric fence when they were "securing" the perimeter. These people went pretty far to survive.

Lastly, we come to the bandits. Riddled up on meth, these guys had a deal going with the St. Johns for food. At that point, I thought that these guys were just trying to survive. At the end of episode 2, it was sickening to learn that they had raped their co-worker Jolene, and likely her daughter Danielle, too. At that point, I thought that the bandits mentality had gone downhill at the point of not getting any food. When abducting the motor inn, surprisingly, the leader gives Lee and co. a chance to comply with their demands before Lilly pulls off her trigger. The bandits could have actually worked something out with Lee and the group, like civilized people.

Crawford->Bandits->St.Johns stand on my list at inhumanity. Crawford was the most inhumane group in season 1.

• Just going by what we've seen, I'd say the bandits.

The St. Johns were screwed up, but at least seemed to have some form of regret in them for what they do. They weren't necessarily evil, but believed their hideous tactics were the only way to survive in the new world. Not that that excuses their actions of going after innocent people, of course, but I feel like they took no pleasure in what they did. They weren't cackling villains, just desperate people pushed over the edge.

Crawford were a bunch of bastards who killed the ones who were going to die anyway, similar to the St. Johns, but let the children go. Of course, sending families out there to fend for themselves is terrible, but there is still a chance for survival. Hell, Lee said himself he couldn't care less if Lilly sent Ben and David out there once David was patched up (and how patched up could he really be with a missing leg?), which is basically the same thing.

The bandits spared no one, as far as we can tell. They just killed, raped, stole, and didn't show any remorse for even children, as we heard from Jolene and what they did to her daughter. They had no loyalty to each other, either, or at least very shaky loyalty, as we saw when the masked bandit shot his own teammate because he didn't share his food. They had no system and no real plan. Not only were their actions terrible, but just the way they operated also makes their way of living in the zombie apocalypse the worst.

• @Zeruis said: I'd say Crawford. The sick, old and children were kicked out of Crawford due to their "survival of the fittest" get-go. If that wasn't bad enough, Crawford also refused to give meds to residents who were on the verge of death or seriously ill. Hence, Molly had to exchange sex for drugs to help her diabetic sister. Supplies were used very sparingly according to the numerous signs and symbols around the school. Looters would be shot on the spot, and the residents had to "make the most they could out of their rations."

The St. Johns ate people before and after the apocalypse. The entirety of Lee and co.'s visit to the dairy was set on the intent that they would eventually be killed off, or eaten. Andy went so far as to try to kill Lee and Mark with the electric fence when they were "securing" the perimeter. These people went pretty far to survive.

Lastly, we come to the bandits. Riddled up on meth, these guys had a deal going with the St. Johns for food. At that point, I thought that these guys were just trying to survive. At the end of episode 2, it was sickening to learn that they had raped their co-worker Jolene, and likely her daughter Danielle, too. At that point, I thought that the bandits mentality had gone downhill at the point of not getting any food. When abducting the motor inn, surprisingly, the leader gives Lee and co. a chance to comply with their demands before Lilly pulls off her trigger. The bandits could have actually worked something out with Lee and the group, like civilized people.

Crawford->Bandits->St.Johns stand on my list at inhumanity. Crawford was the most inhumane group in season 1.

I don't know. I think depriving people of medicine/kicking them out is pretty bad but actively targeting and killing them like the bandits do has got to be worse. And using your supplies sparingly and shoot looters isn't that unreasonable a stance to take in the context of an apocalypse.

• Erm, the bandits, for all the aforementioned reasons.

In addition, their willingness to partake in the St John's mystery (yeah, right) meat deal - they knew what they were getting.

• In saying that, the Crawford assholes left me the most unsettled.

Add Comment