User Avatar Image

Was Clementine turning insane in Episode 2?

posted by Cany0udance on - last edited - Viewed by 617 users

Was Clem turning insane in Episode 2? Like when Ben and the others first arrived, Ben was really worried. Meanwhile, Clem seemed to have no emotion. Then, even though she knew things were really serious, she took Ben forcefully and said in a really monotone voice, "Come over here. See what I drew." Then Ben said no, and Clem's like "Just come on, OK?". Anyway, my point is no normal kid would do that. Was she becoming insane?

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think she was becoming insane, at least not at this point in time. She more likely realized how tense things were between the group due to letting the new survivors in, and was hoping to separate Ben from the hostility.

• User Avatar Image
    Cany0udance BANNED

@VengefulKenny said: I don't think she was becoming insane, at least not at this point in time. She more likely realized how tense things were between the group due to letting the new survivors in, and was hoping to separate Ben from the hostility.

But her voice was so... Dull.

• She was trying to get Ben out of the crossfire between Lilly and Kenny. He was getting blamed with compromising the survival of the group 10 seconds after he showed up and had just seen his friend/band teacher died a few minutes before that. Clem just made up an innocent excuse to drag him away. It's not that she had no emotion. It was that she was calm and smart knew exactly what she needed to do to diffuse the situation.

• First of all, "Clementine" and "insane" should never be used in the same sentence. :p

Secondly, I always thought of her making the situation seem less worse than it already was. Lilly and Kenny were fighting, and Lilly abruptly asked if Ben had any food. Being smart, Clem thought she could diffuse the situation if she let Ben out of the way.

• She is pretty smart for a 8 or 9 year old.

• User Avatar Image
    Cany0udance BANNED

@Zeruis said: First of all, "Clementine" and "insane" should never be used in the same sentence. :p

An insane man capture Clementine at the end of Episode 4.

• I don't believe Clem was going insane. If anything, she was being the opposite.

I agree with Vengeful when they said Clem was trying to pull Ben out of the hostile argument with Lilly and the others. It seemed like a more calming and more reassuring move by Clementine.

• @DomeWing333 said: She was trying to get Ben out of the crossfire between Lilly and Kenny. He was getting blamed with compromising the survival of the group 10 seconds after he showed up and had just seen his friend/band teacher died a few minutes before that. Clem just made up an innocent excuse to drag him away. It's not that she had no emotion. It was that she was calm and smart knew exactly what she needed to do to diffuse the situation.

This.

Smart cookie that Clem - very perceptive.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@DomeWing333 said: She was trying to get Ben out of the crossfire between Lilly and Kenny. [...] It's not that she had no emotion. It was that she was calm and smart knew exactly what she needed to do to diffuse the situation.

This! Clem understood what the situation was and did what she could to help. I love those moments where you see what a smart and capable kid she is.

• Simply Stated NO not in the slightest.

Add Comment