User Avatar Image

I've made analysis posts about different characters

posted by Visambros on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

Does anyone want to read them?

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bioshock Infinite WD said: I like it, keep them coming.

Thank you :)
    I will.

• Why Ben screamed for help

trigger warning: suicide

A few days ago there was a post asking why, if you choose to let Ben fall to his death, he screams for Lee to help him just before he gets eaten by the walkers. An explanation from the development side of things would show that they were reusing Ben’s lines from when the zombie had attacked him earlier.

But what about from a plot perspective?

Ben might have been suffering from depression for multiple reasons; he didn’t know whether or not his family was dead nor was he able to say goodbye to them, everyone he knew from school was dead or gone, and most importantly he was the reason why so many things were going wrong with the group he was now with and why some of them were dead.

By the time Lee was holding onto Ben in the bell tower, Ben had indirectly caused the deaths of four people, one of whom was a child. These deaths, especially that of Katjaa and Duck, were a huge weight on his mind. Maybe he might have been able to live with these deaths had he been a bigger help to the team. But as it was, he felt he was more harm than good to everyone.

So when his life was in Lee’s hands, Ben told Lee to drop him. Not just for his sake, but for everyone else too. He thought the one useful thing he could do was let himself be killed.

And then Lee drops him.

There is something that most people don’t know about suicide. If a person tries to kill themselves in a way that doesn’t instantaneously cause their death, they sometimes decide that they don’t want to die while they are killing themselves. Sometimes they can do something about it, such as throwing up the pills or calling the police after slitting their wrists. Sometimes there’s nothing they can do, such as when they’re hanging themselves or falling from a high place.

When Ben was falling, or when he hit the ground, he realized that he didn’t want to die. He didn’t want to be paralyzed. He didn’t want to be eaten to death by walkers. Even if all of that meant that he’d be useful to the rest of the group or forgiven by Kenny, he wanted to live.

So he screams for Lee to help him. He screams because he’s panicking and he’s scared and he doesn’t want to die. He wants Lee to save him. He wants another chance to make it up to everyone. He wants to be useful while he still breathes.

But it’s too late.

• @Visambros said: Why Ben screamed for help

A few days ago there was a post asking why, if you choose to let Ben fall to his death, he screams for Lee to help him just before he gets eaten by the walkers. An explanation from the development side of things would show that they were reusing Ben’s lines from when the zombie had attacked him earlier.

Ben might have been suffering from depression for multiple reasons; he didn’t know whether or not his family was dead nor was he able to say goodbye to them, everyone he knew from school was dead or gone, and most importantly he was the reason why so many things were going wrong with the group he was now with and why some of them were dead.

By the time Lee was holding onto Ben in the bell tower, Ben had indirectly caused the deaths of four people, one of whom was a child. These deaths, especially that of Katjaa and Duck, were a huge weight on his mind. Maybe he might have been able to live with these deaths had he been a bigger help to the team. But as it was, he felt he was more harm than good to everyone.

So when his life was in Lee’s hands, Ben told Lee to drop him. Not just for his sake, but for everyone else too. He thought the one useful thing he could do was let himself be killed.

And then Lee drops him.

There is something that most people don’t know about suicide. If a person tries to kill themselves in a way that doesn’t instantaneously cause their death, they sometimes decide that they don’t want to die while they are killing themselves. Sometimes they can do something about it, such as throwing up the pills or calling the police after slitting their wrists. Sometimes there’s nothing they can do, such as when they’re hanging themselves or falling from a high place.

When Ben was falling, or when he hit the ground, he realized that he didn’t want to die. He didn’t want to be paralyzed. He didn’t want to be eaten to death by walkers. Even if all of that meant that he’d be useful to the rest of the group or forgiven by Kenny, he wanted to live.

So he screams for Lee to help him. He screams because he’s panicking and he’s scared and he doesn’t want to die. He wants Lee to save him. He wants another chance to make it up to everyone. He wants to be useful while he still breathes.

But it’s too late.

Welp, I regret dropping him even more now. Thanks bro. (Really though, good analysis).

• @Rock114 said: Welp, I regret dropping him even more now. Thanks bro. (Really though, good analysis).

Thank you (Almost everyone on Tumblr is saying that I've made them sad with this one)

• Well that was depressing to read, thank god I pulled him up.

• Great work man, keep it up! :)

• @Visambros said: Ah the troubles of staying true to pre-existing characters.

Also I know there's something wrong with him but I still don't want him to die. However, I'm afraid of what he might do so...

Nate IS the greatest!

• @Visambros said: Why Ben screamed for help

And then Lee drops him.

But it’s too late.

Give this man a job.

• @WalkingDeadFan23 said: Nate IS the greatest!

He is :D

@WalkingDeadFan23 said: Give this man a job.

Imagine if Telltale actually gave me a job, I would die! Thanks by the way.

Add Comment