User Avatar Image

Release date info/discussion

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 3.6K users

Hello people:)

I just wanted a thread, to help us keep track of the newest information about, when we can play the first episode og The Wolf amoung us.

I have seached a lot, but I can't find anything about it. So I hope, that you will all post every bit of info you got, in this thread, to help everybody, who does not live on this forum:)

Ps. Rumors are wellcome to:)

142 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Do we have any estimates for a possible release date? How long does Telltale usually take between announcing a game (the Game Informer article), and releasing it?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Fabrimuch said: Do we have any estimates for a possible release date?

Just Summer 2013. So that can be anytime between now and September 22.

@Fabrimuch said: How long does Telltale usually take between announcing a game (the Game Informer article), and releasing it?
    It really varies. Sometimes they announce a game and release it a few months later, sometimes it's years later.

In this case, it was first announced in 2011 without any release date, so we know at least that it's coming soon since it's been in development for a while, has a general release date, and screenshots have been released.

• If anyone who watches this forum is in/near Boston, Bill (the author of the series) will be at Boston-con this weekend.

There is panel on Saturday at 4:00-4:45pm – Fables Panel with Phil Jimenez, Bill, Barry Kitson and Chrissie Zullo in the Waterfront Room.

While I highly doubt he will make any announcements for the game, you never know.

• @holisk said: If anyone who watches this forum is in/near Boston, Bill (the author of the series) will be at Boston-con this weekend.

There is panel on Saturday at 4:00-4:45pm – Fables Panel with Phil Jimenez, Bill, Barry Kitson and Chrissie Zullo in the Waterfront Room.

While I highly doubt he will make any announcements for the game, you never know.

Any information would be welcome.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

With no Telltale guys around, it's kind of a given that this will not be the day. :(

• @Vainamoinen said: With no Telltale guys around, it's kind of a given that this will not be the day. :(

At this point I'm starting to have my doubts this game is even coming out. Yes, it's had screenshots and magazine coverage, but that's not a guarantee. So did Starcraft Ghost. (Hell, Game Informer even gave Telltale's King's Quest a write-up.)

I really, really hate what The Walking Dead has done to Telltale. Yes, it was great, but it wasn't good enough to completely disown everything else you've ever done or planned to do. There's a reason I haven't been posting much lately.

• I know what you mean, I mean Walking Dead was amazing, but after 45 million dollars in sales I think they are safe for quite sometime, after season 2 I hope they do stuff like make Sam and Max 4 and maybe make a new game series and then do a season 3 of WD.

• Well it's pretty clear where Telltale's focus lies these days :o

• They're probably going to drop it on us when we least expect it.

• I do not believe that, the Wolf Among Us is much farther into development then Kings Quest, just give it sometime, if Season 2 of Walking Dead comes before it, then start worrying.

Add Comment