User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 22.6K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

606 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hallo, when will be 2nd season of Back to The Future: The Game?

After releasing 5th episode you promised that there will be 2nd season in the future. I understand that The Walking Dead is important right now, it gives you money and popularity :p But please don't forget about continuation (in my opinion) your best game, BTTF: The Game. I think 2015 - the 30th Anniversary of the series is good moment for 2nd Season, don't you think? :)

P.S. Please, put Clara and kids in 2nd Season :D

• So Telltale, could you answer me? I send you mails, privs on FB and posted post here and there is silence... Could you reply?

• G'Day from Down Under. (Australia)
    Hope you will not mind this.
    I may be one of the much older big kids, in the world. Who likes to play computer games. In my case as boring it might seem, on PC.
    (Console, sorry all, my pinkys aren't not that flexible or speedy in handling one, hope you won't hold that against me, to much.)
    But, all the same, it's fun.
    I hope, should Telltale make another series for BTTF game. Then let's tell them, to make sure all Bugs, etc. Are fixed before sellng the game.
    I am tired of games that have been coming out, in the last 5 years or so, not running smoothly, for us the buyer, of any game.
    eg: Silent Hunter 5, (And the DRM it had on the game), you name it.

Just want to enjoy a game, Not having to Register etc, or go online, unless you want to. (That's all fine, if you can afford it. Bills etc.)
    Anyway, have they considered changing the local and world enviroment, the look of the charaters, vehicles, how you use or access things on the sceen walk, talk etc, in the game.
    Like say, Fallout 3 or Mass Effect, Dead Space, etc.
    The DeLorean looking, like the real car, as per this kind of video upgrade, for example.
    And isn't it time, we saw Jennifer, etc, this time around, huh!
    Well hope that wasn't all to bad from this old young person, that I am.

Until next time, mate.

Catch ya.

• The game never got the same love I felt after PC. The game really should've come out on XBOX like their other games. I never really understood their move on that one and didn't really like the reasoning as then none of their games should've come out on XBOX then given the statements that were made.

I know Back to the Future fans that never have time to go online and didn't even know the game existed. I liked the episodic versions that came out, but you gotta admit PC gaming is not where the money is these days, you gotta do like the other games that are making them money which is put it on consoles. If Back to the Future was on XBOX they would've made way more money. The type of people that play the Wii these days weren't even alive or could fathom back to the future, as far as the general populace that owns the system which are casual gamers.

Not releasing this on 360 was by far and above the worst mistake they made with this game.

This game totally deserves a sequel more than any of their other games. Especially with the over-flooded zombie thing that seems to have resurfaced lately, can we say its officially gone from vampires to zombies? Anyways another fad, even tho its a great game its being released on xbox 360 when Back to the Future wasn't.

I bought the entire set for PC for Back to the Future and I plan on playing through it again as my machine got quite a bit better.

• @daren1988 said: I really hope they make a second and third season of this incredible series. Please more Back to the Future soon Telltale

Definitely agree with you on that!

• @Cez24 said: Hallo, when will be 2nd season of Back to The Future: The Game?

After releasing 5th episode you promised that there will be 2nd season in the future. I understand that The Walking Dead is important right now, it gives you money and popularity :p But please don't forget about continuation (in my opinion) your best game, BTTF: The Game. I think 2015 - the 30th Anniversary of the series is good moment for 2nd Season, don't you think? :)

P.S. Please, put Clara and kids in 2nd Season :D

BTTF is definitely telltale's best game (IMO)

• Maybe when you're done TWDG season 2 are you guys going to consider making a second season to Back to the Future? I loved season 1 and I'd be looking forward to a season 2 especially with the ending that season 1 had.

• I am surprised TellTale Games hasn't given a thought to making a Back to the Future Season 2! I mean, YOU GUYS GET MONEY FROM US, but don't care about the request for a Back to the Future Season 2! You guys just focus on AMC's The Walking Dead Season 2, but DON'T EVEN CONSIDER our requests for a Back to the Future Season 2! GIVE US A SIGHN THAT IT WILL BE MADE! PLEASE! VOTE ON THE POLL IF YOU WANT THE GAME TO COME OUT!:mad:

• Would you buy "Back to the Future: The Game Season 2" if it came out? VOTE NOW!:confused:

• Really in this case I don't care about the game-play so much. I enjoyed the story. So for season 2 I would say forget about the caught scenes.. They will be annoying. Nothing for frustraighting than "dying" 5-20 times and redoing the same thing over and over to get back to a point just to get a caught screen again. I just played through Ducktails remastered.. they got rid of lives and when you died they they reset you to the place you died so much faster and enveloping. The game-play will be linear it has to be with this type of game. Unless you made it a choose your own adventure. which is alright but I would rather have something that was 'cannon'. It is kind of tough to talk about a game or something like you remember when Marty did this and the other guy going no.. and having no shared experience. bummer.. to sum up really I think they just need a good story to explain the ending of season 1 and bring back the voices of Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) and somewhere have Michael J. Fox in again. It is so great to hear them reprise the roles. I would refrain from having a cliffhanger ending unless they knew they were making a 3rd season. This really feels like the ending of the oridginal BttF movie as I really started to wonder if they were going to make a 2nd or 3rd movie after a time. Okay Done thinking.

Add Comment