User Avatar Image

Why did **** "Sacrifice" himself?

posted by FistoTheSexbot on - last edited - Viewed by 893 users

"We're gonna find clementime, with or without you, Lee"

*later*

"Oh, nope. Just gonna kill myself, not like I care about what happens to clementime or If Lee doesn't make it"

Really? He could have just shot Ben then go with Lee, wouldn't take long, sure the walkers would go to them, but they can't climb ladders, and they would be long gone before they could even get up.

I know Kenny doesn't got a family left, and the boat is gone, but he cared for Lee and Clementime, and I doubt he'd just forget that and die for nothing.

Why did you think he did it? Was it a legit reason? Do you think the his death was a good death or just a "Let's just get this character over with" death.

110 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't really like the way Kenny died but that's just my opinion \n/

• @MsLox said: On my main playthrough I didn't have Ben, so I saw the scenario where he saves Christa and dies. In that one he seems a lot more valiant and a lot less like he's giving up.

I see at least three more playthroughs in my future.

• @dinofire said: If Omid and Christa didn't join the group, do you think Kenny still would've died?
    In the Ben case, I guess the balcony wouldn't have come loose with 2 less people jumping on it.
    In Christa's case, I guess they would ignore the walkie talkie

Also, if Ben DID fall off, do you think Kenny would still would have suicided, leaving no one to take care of Clem?

Good points.

• I think Kenny made it if you save Ben in ep.4.Because, after he shots Ben, you hear no screams,no chewing sounds and never saw his dead or his "walker". And at end of the game stats say he is LOST to the herd which is possibility for him to survive.

• Well for starters welcome to the forums, and for two you are not the only person who believes that Kenny is alive.

• Welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy. :)

Well, I didn't see him dead so he is alive for me until it would be confirmed he died. The same to Lilly and anyone else. (Andy and others)

• @dinofire said: If Omid and Christa didn't join the group, do you think Kenny still would've died?
    In the Ben case, I guess the balcony wouldn't have come loose with 2 less people jumping on it.
    In Christa's case, I guess they would ignore the walkie talkie

Also, if Ben DID fall off, do you think Kenny would still would have suicided, leaving no one to take care of Clem?

Definitely. In my playthrough he would of died when the walker grabbed him in the streets when we got to Savannah. I chose not save him as pay back for when he watched me struggling when I was trapped under the door in the drugstore in ep3. Luckily for him Christa saved him in my game. If she never met us he would have died there and then.

• Character development. Kenny felt bad about the way he treated Ben. He knew Ben's worse fear was being eaten alive by walkers. He did what he thought was right. He also probably thought he could have got ben out of the rebar in time, obviously his plan changed as the walkers got closer.

• @Doctanian said: Dude, I joined this forum just to vent, lol. I know I'm being a bit too harsh, but I can't stand bad writing. And at the end of episode 4, I was afraid of what TellTale would do and they did it. They focused on that fucking campman storyline. If you had asked me to rate the game before episode 4, I would've said "A fucking masterpiece. One of the best games in the history of games." The story was just that good, but they tossed it away for this whackass, bitchass, stupid-ass, lame-ass, dumbass, whackass Campman arc.

I just wanted a story of Lee surviving and caring for Clem. I could care less if he died at the end, but the Campman arc ruined it. It made TellTale rush in episode 5 in an effort to wrap things up. And because of that, plotholes galore. I HATE plotholes. It was better off sticking to what it originally was about.

I agree with you 100%. My thoughys exactly. I thought I was the only one on this forum that thought that.

I can't get over the blind "fanboyism" that defends some of the poor choices made in the writing. Some have even gone as far to say the game story is better than the comics story arcs. I sad it a million times, the game was great until the camp man plot device was introduced, then it when went from walking dead to scoobey doo, dungeons and dragons or some other saturday morning cartoon plot.

Though I enjoyed the game on the whole it would have been better if Kirkman wrote the game's story.

• And how would you have done it, I just do not see how Campman screws everything up, it's still the whole 10/10 2012 game of the year to me.

Add Comment