User Avatar Image

Release date info/discussion

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 7.5K users

Hello people:)

I just wanted a thread, to help us keep track of the newest information about, when we can play the first episode og The Wolf amoung us.

I have seached a lot, but I can't find anything about it. So I hope, that you will all post every bit of info you got, in this thread, to help everybody, who does not live on this forum:)

Ps. Rumors are wellcome to:)

142 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RAnthonyMahan said: At this point I'm starting to have my doubts this game is even coming out.

It sure would be nice if someone from Telltale came in and posted something like, "Chill out, guys. The game's still coming out." It would be even nicer to have the summer window confirmed (or denied).

I think that the game is still coming out, but I thought the same about King's Quest right up until Telltale said it was cancelled. My doubts are getting louder the longer Telltale stays silent.

• If we hear nothing past October then I will believe that its gone, and that would mean they will be doing two games at the sametime, something I would like to see.

• I will be really disappointed if they cancel this title. It would be nice to hear something to ease our minds even if its only, the game is still coming out. We dont know when but it will.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: If we hear nothing past October then I will believe that its gone, and that would mean they will be doing two games at the sametime, something I would like to see.

That could be a disaster if they had technical issues or release date delays like they had with season 1 of the walking dead.. if the same thing was happening on two games at the same time.. i'd hate to imagine the vitriol leveled at telltale during that time.. they seem short staffed on customer relations/web support.. so I'm not sure they could handle simultaneous releases..

• PAX Prime schedule is up and guess who's not there. Well, at least Telltale won't be there to do yet another post-mortem on The Walking Dead.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Gibbeynator said: PAX Prime schedule is up and guess who's not there. Well, at least Telltale won't be there to do yet another post-mortem on The Walking Dead.

I see Jake Rodkin on the panel "Does Story Matter in Games?". Heck, that's a prime opportunity for a Walking Dead post mortem, isn't it? :D

Then there's Gary Whitta in the panel "All You Zombies: Why the Genre Still Holds Our Attention"... but no worries, I am sure he'll talk nothing but The Wolf Among Us. :o

So, yeah, Telltale will be at PAX Prime. But it's still a rather long while, news about TWaU will have surfaced in the tree+ weeks leading up to the event. No, seriously.

• Well that's always good to get news.

• I think it would be fairly obvious that there is something happening with "TWAU" that Telltale are either unwilling, or unable to comment on - but if anyone honestly believes this is going to meet the release target of "Summer" they should feel a bit silly....

No updates on the Facebook page since May, no coverage on the Twitter account (not that it is anything other than RT's usually), the Blog - Devs / Staff commenting continuously in the "Walking Dead" forums but radio silence here?

My bet is there is some legal issues in the background that have stalled this big time.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Gibbeynator said: PAX Prime schedule is up and guess who's not there. Well, at least Telltale won't be there to do yet another post-mortem on The Walking Dead.

We will be at PAX Prime with what is shaping up to be a pretty awesome looking booth!

• @puzzlebox said: We will be at PAX Prime with what is shaping up to be a pretty awesome looking booth!

Awesome! I might be up there with League of Legends, so I'll have to come hang out at the TT booth for a while (and since I actually KNOW a lot of you, I may end up staying 'til you boot me out. I'll have Mama cook up some vittles fer y'all). ;)

Add Comment