What is your top 5 saddast deathes?
mine:
5.Larry.As much i hate that piece of shit i don't have anyone eles to put here
4.Katjaa
3.Duck
2.Doug/Carley [Carley's more sad] and Kenny
1.Lee

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Worst by the amount of suffering the character experienced before dying, yeah.

The worst deaths by... I dunno how to describe this, nature of death, maybe, to me would be Kenny's alleyway death and Carley's death, since both felt unnecessary and easily avoidable, which would have allowed me to spend more time with the characters I liked.

• I know that Carley's felt avoidable in the situation, but it was the most painless of any character in the game, instant death from behind, never even knew what had struck her, if that is any consolation prize.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: I know that Carley's felt avoidable in the situation, but it was the most painless of any character in the game, instant death from behind, never even knew what had struck her, if that is any consolation prize.

Yeah, the sole consolation. I mean, had she lived past that point, there's a big chance she'd have met a far more gruesome end. Still, if I had a choice at that point, I would hop to the chance to have her around a while longer, no matter how she ends up eventually.

• I guess that is a way to look at Kenny's fate to, I mean if they bring him back they are just going to kill him for real, and make it more then likely worse then before, but I would trade almost anything to spend more time with my friends before they die, so yes I agree with that for both Carley and Kenny and any other friend that is now dead.

• Yeah, but meeting Kenny with a new protagonist would not be the same. Well, for me at least, since I'm an avid roleplayer in these sorts of games. Kenny was my Lee's bro, sure, but it's too early to say what his relationship with the new protagonist would be. Besides, I reaaaaally think it's a slim chance that Kenny got out of either scenario alive. I guess we'll see.

• I know it's slim, but that is what I want, just to talk to the guy even if he is not my bro, and I need to rebuild that relationship.

• 5. Carley (episode 3): Her's was all the way at five, partially because it is too quick to really experience the sadness in the moment. It's just "What the fuck's the problem?" BANG! Granted Doug's happens similarly, but I'll get to that in a minute. I very much like how it's so quick that it kind of forces you to go, "Shit!" and make a decision, but eh, I don't know why, I just never liked Carley much.

4: Doug (episode 3): First off, Doug was far more interesting than Carley. He was a strange guy, and I liked him. He did nothing but try to be helpful, and even if he failed to at times, he tried. Towards his end, he felt useless. He did everything he could to help others, even if it meant his own death. Granted, this happened just as quickly as Carley's death, the after effect was far more intense. Instead of Katjaa's consoling words being, "OH YOU LIKED HER," she talked about the things Doug did, why he will be remembered, and how he was our friend.

3: Lee: I know this is a bit odd, Lee at 3, but honestly, I didn't really see Lee so much as his own real character until about halfway through episode three. I don't know why. Maybe I just felt he was an extension of the player, I don't know. Regardless, this gave me a lot less time to really get attached to Lee, but the ending was a bit torturous, less for Lee's suffering, and more for forcing me to watch a little, calm, smart, peaceful, idealistic 9 year old be faced with the death of both her real parents and her new guardian. Fucking telltale... You sadists.
    (Disclaimer: I love telltale for making this masterpiece)

2: Kenny: Let me start off by saying, yes, Kenny is dead. His best chance of survival was if you saved Ben. If you let Ben die, though, Kenny shows he has at least 5 or so bullets, if you wait when you're supposed to pull Christa up with Omid, he'll drop five (if my memory serves) walkers with the gun that has "at least one bullet left." However, he doesn't uses only one bullet or two when you save Ben. Regardless, his death was the saddest, because aside from Clem, you grow most attached to him as you progress. He is the most dynamic character, and has two of the three sacrifices in the game. The third, going to our random-fact-man, Doug. Plus, in Christa's saving, he gets cut off mid sentence. That's just sad. :c

1: Duck: Out of everyone in the game, I only teared up at Duck's death. Regardless of how terrible of a voice actor he got, his death was the most tragic, especially if you let Katjaa take him out into the woods on her own. When Kenny goes out to get him, you watch his quick realization that he has lost everything. You only expect the death of Duck, but then his once hope-filled life, Katjaa, fears the death of her child is too much to bear, so she ends it herself. Then you watch as Duck watches his father lose it. Only to be shot in the head, or left to turn. Also, watching the hard fall of the macho family man, who's up for anything if it means protecting his loved ones is hard to watch as well.

• @Harpadarpa said: 5. Carley (episode 3): Her's was all the way at five, partially because it is too quick to really experience the sadness in the moment. It's just "What the fuck's the problem?" BANG! Granted Doug's happens similarly, but I'll get to that in a minute. I very much like how it's so quick that it kind of forces you to go, "Shit!" and make a decision, but eh, I don't know why, I just never liked Carley much.

4: Doug (episode 3): First off, Doug was far more interesting than Carley. He was a strange guy, and I liked him. He did nothing but try to be helpful, and even if he failed to at times, he tried. Towards his end, he felt useless. He did everything he could to help others, even if it meant his own death. Granted, this happened just as quickly as Carley's death, the after effect was far more intense. Instead of Katjaa's consoling words being, "OH YOU LIKED HER," she talked about the things Doug did, why he will be remembered, and how he was our friend.

3: Lee: I know this is a bit odd, Lee at 3, but honestly, I didn't really see Lee so much as his own real character until about halfway through episode three. I don't know why. Maybe I just felt he was an extension of the player, I don't know. Regardless, this gave me a lot less time to really get attached to Lee, but the ending was a bit torturous, less for Lee's suffering, and more for forcing me to watch a little, calm, smart, peaceful, idealistic 9 year old be faced with the death of both her real parents and her new guardian. Fucking telltale... You sadists.
    (Disclaimer: I love telltale for making this masterpiece)

2: Kenny: Let me start off by saying, yes, Kenny is dead. His best chance of survival was if you saved Ben. If you let Ben die, though, Kenny shows he has at least 5 or so bullets, if you wait when you're supposed to pull Christa up with Omid, he'll drop five (if my memory serves) walkers with the gun that has "at least one bullet left." However, he doesn't uses only one bullet or two when you save Ben. Regardless, his death was the saddest, because aside from Clem, you grow most attached to him as you progress. He is the most dynamic character, and has two of the three sacrifices in the game. The third, going to our random-fact-man, Doug. Plus, in Christa's saving, he gets cut off mid sentence. That's just sad. :c

1: Duck: Out of everyone in the game, I only teared up at Duck's death. Regardless of how terrible of a voice actor he got, his death was the most tragic, especially if you let Katjaa take him out into the woods on her own. When Kenny goes out to get him, you watch his quick realization that he has lost everything. You only expect the death of Duck, but then his once hope-filled life, Katjaa, fears the death of her child is too much to bear, so she ends it herself. Then you watch as Duck watches his father lose it. Only to be shot in the head, or left to turn. Also, watching the hard fall of the macho family man, who's up for anything if it means protecting his loved ones is hard to watch as well.

I'm sorry but Carley's death was just as sad as Doug's . She was the only person who always sided with Lee and knew his secret and decided to trust even though he is a convicted murderer . When Carley died , i felt empty because she was the only adult who always helped Lee and pretty much Carley/Doug are the only people who Lee can trust . I don't have a problem with Doug fans , but it pisses me off when some say that " Whoever chooses Carley is a idiot " .

• Well, he didn't exactly phrase it like that. It all boils down to preference, can't really argue about that. To me Carley seemed like the stronger character and her and Lee had more relationship and character building moments, resulting in a stronger connection, which is why her death felt sadder than Doug's. But that's just me.

Add Comment