User Avatar Image

I've made analysis posts about different characters

posted by Visambros on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Does anyone want to read them?

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well you would well at this rate, and I would be beyond happy, but I would hope for every second that I do not screw something up.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: Well you would well at this rate, and I would be beyond happy, but I would hope for every second that I do not screw something up.

Bioshock what is your avatar picture? It looks awesome! i cant see all of it cuz its a bit small but did you make it it? Cuz its amazing

• @WalkingDeadFan23 said: Bioshock what is your avatar picture? It looks awesome! i cant see all of it cuz its a bit small but did you make it it? Cuz its amazing

A moderator gave it to him, it's of Booker and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite.

• @Cany0udance said: A moderator gave it to him, it's of Booker and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite.

Oh ok. I'm actually working on a picture of Booker right now!

• Well I guess being nice to people pays off, just one more reason to if I could rate this forum as a whole it would have maximum score.

• Mark's Role & Life

The way that Telltale made Mark’s character is quiet unseen in comparison to how other story tellers would portray his character.

Mark’s role in the game was clearly for the purpose of being eaten. He was the designated victim that the story needed so that Lee and the others could find out that the St. Johns’ were cannibals. But while other stories would have made Mark be a very flat character because of his role in the story, Telltale made Mark have depth to him.

Yes, we do not know much about Mark’s character. But despite that, he still feels like a real person and not a plot element. From being frustrated with the conflict between the other characters, being weak due to the lack of food, and wanting to make a good impression with the St. Johns’, Mark had life in him.

That is one of the reasons why we are so shocked when we find Mark missing his limbs. We didn’t expect someone with so much life to be taken away in such a brutal fashion, even if we didn’t know him for long.

• I know, it did sucked as I liked Mark.

• Mark was some sort of characters called "mauve shirt". The audience cares for and likes him but his only purpose is to get killed. Your analysis just sounds better though :)

• @Kaserkin said: Mark was some sort of characters called "mauve shirt". The audience cares for and likes him but his only purpose is to get killed. Your analysis just sounds better though :)

Mauve shirt. I've never heard that term before.

And thank you. :)

• That is a new term to me, and he is right.

Add Comment