User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.6K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • (Do VN's count? xD) I'm on Emi's route on Katawa Shoujo, and wOAH TOOLSHED SCENE. That's all I have to say about that 'game'.
    In the next few days I'll be getting the full version of Papers Please, which I am really excited for because I loved the demo! Killing off my family, here I come!

• Go home Dinosuars- It is a lot more fun then it sounds...

• Runner 2 (rage inducing but fun), Infamous 2: Evil Run (muhahaha), and Gravity Rush (not far into it but awesome game)

• Still playing Skyrim.

A couple of things about this game:

First, not only is the map huge, but there is a crap ton of stuff in it. And these things are not recycled very often. It has a ton of dungeons, forts and villages, but they aren't /at all/ copies of each other like Bioware does in their RPGs.

Second, the side quests are not recycled. Yes, doing jobs for the Thieves Guild is, but that's about it. Each of the guilds have their own separate story missions, most of which are quite long. This game is going to take a long time to play, and only the jobs for Vex and Delvin in the Thieves Guild (which I recommend doing provide access to shopkeepers that have 4k gold) are boring and recycled.

EDIT: Someone is going to argue that yes many assets in the game are reused, but these are things like beds and pots and books and barrels. Not whole dungeons and forts as happens in Mass Effect, where every bunker looks identical to every other bunker. And there are lots more of these places in Skyrim.

Also, when people say they've been playing for 60 hours and still haven't beaten the game, it sounds like the story is padded all to hell and artificially made long and tedious. It's not like that. There's just a while lot of places to visit, and a whole lot of lengthy and interesting missions, whether centering on the main plot or otherwise, and very little of it is boring. The game doesn't feel padded, it feels... diverse.

And I haven't even finished the Thieves Guild side story (though I have finished the task of making every fence have 4k gold), or the Companions, nor have I even started dealing with the Bards. And yet I've been playing for hours and hours.

• Just got my copy of Saints Row IV
    I really like it...
    It is just crazy fun, not serious at all and I get to a superhero president...
    I can see some clear problems with the game but it is a game I can just play and go and blow everything up in without having to take it too seriously...

• Sounds like I'd still prefer Saints Row 2. SR2 was fun and crazy but it was also shockingly serious at times. There wa balance in tone where with 3 and 4 the seriousness has given way to dildo bats.

• I am in my everlasting quest to beat Xcom: Enemy Unknown on classic ironman mode, as always. But as of late, I've also been playing slender fortress, a mod for Team Fortress 2. It's actually badass.

Also, on the topic of SR, it has an Evil Dead quality about it. It started off serious, then it became a little silly, then by the 3rd and 4th installments, it's just fucking insane.

EDIT: And on the topic of Evil Dead, the second was also the best.

• Yeah if you didn't like Saints Row 3 especially you probably won't like Saints IV that much...
    It is much crazier and if that is what you want you will like a lot...

• I haven't played either (only 1 and 2). I was just saying, that was the general consensus I've been getting.

EDIT: Also, them tags.

• @Hudomonkey said: Yeah if you didn't like Saints Row 3 especially you probably won't like Saints IV that much...
    It is much crazier and if that is what you want you will like a lot...

I only have played SR3 at a friend's house and I'd like to get SR4 eventually, but probably much, much later. I'll get SR3 the Full Package before SR4. But I will give my opinion on the Third game from what I played. I f***ing love it. It's fun, insane, and colorful, unlike GTA4.

Add Comment