User Avatar Image

Please finish the Bone games.

posted by Sinker182 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

You really should make the rest of the Bone games. It doesn't seem fair for you to just stop in the middle of the story. Is there any chance that, when the Bone movie is released, you will start making more Bone games? I really like the comics and I probably would have bought the games instead of Sam & Max if there were plans to finish the series.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @TrogLlama said: They've been done up to 7 or 8. I don't see why Telltale should sell them, as they don't have games for them and they're available at Amazon or just about any book retailer. No, seriously, go to your local bookstore, they'll be with the YA/Children's books.

I just meant that would give at least some hope for the future of the game episodes if they started selling other books than 1 and 2. :)

And I can say that most likely I can't buy them from a book retailer as I live in Finland, we don't have that large collections of english books/albums for sale.

Of course they can be bought from the net elsewhere.

• @Kolzig said: I just meant that would give at least some hope for the future of the game episodes if they started selling other books than 1 and 2. :)

And I can say that most likely I can't buy them from a book retailer as I live in Finland, we don't have that large collections of english books/albums for sale.

Of course they can be bought from the net elsewhere.

Sadly, they're kinda giving us the opposite of hope. The third book used to be in the store with a description like "Read the book we haven’t made a game out of yet". On the front page of the site under the second game, "Coming Soon" used to be listed. Now, Bone is no longer even listed on the front page and you almost have to look for it in the store. Furthermore, earlier in the year when they were moving the old games over to the new activation system, they made a big deal for Sam and Max, and even Telltale Texas Hold 'em being converted over. But with Bone (which was converted between Sam and Max and TTH) there was only an email and no mention of it made on the site. It seems like they would have taken that opportunity to remind visitors of the site that the Bone games existed and could have potentially sold a few more copies by simply announcing it, but they didn’t. Besides that, TT has stated in numerous posts that Bone is on hold indefinitely. I think the chances of a third game being made are almost non existent.

• Yeah it's too bad that the situation is as unknown as it is.

I wonder what Jeff Smith thinks of all this?
    The key to everything is always the sales, you can't just make a game without expecting good sales.

If the Bone games didn't sell well enough, then this series is pretty much buried.

• When the Bone games first came out Telltale was saying things like that the Bone games were selling well, and that they were "where we wanted to be."

The very different release structure of the Bone games compared to the others probably has as much to do with the fact that the games aren't being made anymore.

• Well with the new movie deal, it may be revisited if the series gains new popularity.

• Just finished Out from Boneville. Loved it, and I'm downloading The Great Cow Race as we speak. I hope they make more, because they're pretty good. Not as good as Sam and Max, but still pretty good. As good as Strong Bad I guess. Telltale please give us more! Please!

• I just wish they would make one last game to wrap it up.

• Except that wouldn't even work because Bone is a 9-part preexisting story. You can't just cram 7 books into one game and call it a day.

• My hope is that the new people who come for Strongbad and Wallace and Gromit download the games and give them a chance, then buy them so that maybe Telltale will continue the series. I think they should make SOME mention of Bone on the main page rather than having it buried in the store though. It could only help sell copies, even if just a few, and there is plenty of whitespace as it is, so there is room.

• I think they should put it on WiiWare.

Add Comment