User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 26.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Honestly the talks about saints row 2 being more serious than 3 just makes me want to avoid it more and more. I want an insane sandbox and Saints Row 3 + 4 fits that. All descriptions I get of Saints Row 2 make it seem worse and worse IMO.
    And on that note. I've been playing a lot of Saints Row 4 and the game is amazing :p

• SR2 is insane if you want it to be. It's just that the plot strikes a good line between being serious and being silly.

If you ignore that though you can go nuts, like beating people up dressed as a Hot Dog or just spending the entire game naked. There's a reason Yahtzee likes it so much. I do believe there's a giant foam hand that sends people flying, so it's definitely nuts. You just have to find the madness.

• Re-Playing Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please.

Wanted to experience the special edition stuff, and the games are just super funny. :D

• Speaking of Saints Row. I'll just take the time to say...

How in the world do you screw up super power fights? Super Power Fight club is one of the worst missions I've ever played and even better I have to do it if I want some of the good powers and weapons.

This game is amazing, but this is just atrocious. Why make it mandatory to use super powers to fight and then make the enemies immune to super powers(well just the boss anyway) and then make melee impossible because they always hit first and stun you and then just swing until you are dead. This is almost as bad as the "lag" scene of SR3 and the goal of that scene was to literally be unplayable.

Please let there only be 2 of these instances in terms of side quests. This isn't even hilariously terrible.

• I'm playing Machinarium. It's fun, a bit gloomy though.

• @VeronicanPlay said: Re-Playing Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please.

Wanted to experience the special edition stuff, and the games are just super funny. :D

What IS the special edition stuff? Always wondered.

• @Darth Marsden said: What IS the special edition stuff? Always wondered.

This is taken from Steam it's self:

FEATURES:
    >> New swishy graphical enhancements throughout! Ben There, Dan That! is now exponentially more gorgeous and sexy to look at.
    >> A stunning jazzy Sam and Max: Hit the Road homage-y soundtrack! Music that will caress your ears and grate infuriatingly as you fail to solve a puzzle.
    >> More sound effects!
    >> Some better signposting for the puzzles people didn’t get, or the objects they couldn’t see!
    > The more-readable font from Time Gentlemen, Please!, enhancing brand synergy across the series.
    >> Fixes some boring Windows 7 issue a few people were having.

SPECIAL BONUS MATERIAL:
    EXCLUSIVE: A special 16-page eBook candidly telling the whole story of the game’s creation for the first time; “Lowering the Tone”
    EXCLUSIVE: An extra special never-before-seen treat: a non-interactive video storybook presentation lifted from Dan and Bens’ diary entries, explaining the backstory as to exactly how Dan wound up dead in a jungle tied to a length of twine in the first place. Hear Dan and Ben speak for the first time in this fully voiced, and expertly illustrated six-and-a-half minute extravaganza.
    EXCLUSIVE: All the ‘cut’ music that didn’t make it into the final game. Hear unloved and unused renditions of your favourite Ben There, Dan That! ditties.
    EXCLUSIVE: Posters to print out and hang over your living room window, or to slap on your desktop.
    EXCLUSIVE: Never-before-heard audio recording of Ben stomping around his flat cheering his own name, for the ending sequence. Truly there has never been a more honest depiction of the lengths indie developers have to go to for their art.
    EXCLUSIVE: Dan and Ben ringtones – give your phone the Dan and Ben once-over with these exclusive musical ditties.

• I started Super Meat Boy again this week. When I left off, I'd finished A+ing Hell and had done the first level of Dark Hell, so I had a steep difficulty curve to re-learn.

I also spent a good chunk of last night playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, and I had an awesome time with that.

And starting tonight at 1 am, as soon as I have the Bing Rewards points to get the Colombia's Finest pack, I'll be playing Bioshock Infinite again.

• Tried to replay Walking Dead but i run into so many issues with load screens freezing or some random save file error that it totally killed the mood for me so i give up till season 2.

Other than that Skyrim has my full attention atm, bump into something new every day whether its a new quest/random npc/dragon hunting.

• I keep adding/changing mods for Skyrim. Of course, I have things like SkyUI, Ultimate Follower Overhaul, A Quality Map with Roads, and Enhanced Mighty Dragons installed--but yesterday, I installed a mod to improve the book covers/spines, and one that makes Glass Armor transparent.

By the way: if you go looking for Enhanced Mighty Dragons on the Nexus, the modder has been banned for artificially inflating its popularity through dummy accounts. So you either have to now find it elsewhere or use Deadly Dragons instead (which is comparable from what I've read.)

Add Comment