User Avatar Image

Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

posted by Tricky_bluefox on - last edited - Viewed by 16.6K users

I'm addicted to it I need it and it's awesome so after I'm done playing the devils playhouse ten more times when can I expect to pre order season 4

427 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hope this isn't the end. The Sam and max games are how Telltale got a lot of their fanbase. I've accepted that they are busy with other franchises, so we won't see them as often as before, but it would be nice to have some confirmations that there will be further seasons in the future.

• Personally, I haven't spent any money with Telltale for years. The last thing I bought was ToMI (maybe Puzzle Agent), and I owned pretty much everything before that. Even Bone and original Law&Order (although those came as a package with something else, but from Sam+Max Season 1 on I was sold).

• I say they put a contest out on who can write an episode for season 4 and then whomever wins they get a functional replica of sam and max's weapons. Or they can just do season 4 already cause I am ready to laugh at their witty humor an pop culture references.

• I am from Belarus, and I also feel love with Sam and Max... Before will be Sam and Max Season 4 (If it will be) I just hope that this forum will not die (Sorry for my English).

• At this point I feel like Sam and Max, Strong Bad, and Monkey Island were all just things to prove what telltale can really do. I hate to say it but I think telltale is finished with them and is going to go big with the movie licence games. I remember comments on the anniversary page for Sam and Max of people saying they don't care about S&M and people wanting more walking dead. At this point the only way well get season 4 is if all the planets align and there's is a blue moon all at once.

• I hope that Telltale make another Sam and Max game, and I hope they make it with more traditional puzzle-solving gameplay than they've been doing lately, but I will say that I'd be happy if they rendered it using the cel-shades style they're using for The Wolf Among Us. It'd be pretty cool to see Purcell-style art rendered in 3D that way.

• I think you could adapt Sam & Max to whatever format Telltale is now running with... A Wolf among us comic looking Sam & Max would be pretty cool..choice gameplay would be cool because you could come up with some pretty zany situations..

• @Hero1 said: I think you could adapt Sam & Max to whatever format Telltale is now running with... A Wolf among us comic looking Sam & Max would be pretty cool..choice gameplay would be cool because you could come up with some pretty zany situations..

That would be amazing! :D

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I'd wouldn't hate a Sam & Max game with 'choice' mechanics, but I'd certainly hate a Sam & Max game without a whole lot of traditional adventure 'stop and think' gameplay.

Add Comment