User Avatar Image

Screen goes to black

posted by tytyokokok on - Viewed by 627 users

I just bought this game, downloaded and installed. The screen goes to black when I try to run, nothing else happens. I have to eventually force quit the program. I looked through error threads, tried changing the 'pref' file and running under a different user name. Nothing worked, any help? At this point I'd also be happy with a refund, as I don't want to have to spend hours getting a brand new game that doesn't run to work...

6 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

The forum's technical wizards will need more information. Which game? What system? Steam or not? If it's the PC version, a dxdiag would probably help too. Here are DjNDB's instructions:

dxdiag Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter. Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter

Now click on the button that says "save all information". It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Open the file and press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents, and paste them in a reply by pressing CTRL-V. Sometimes the Forums spam filter catches long posts like this. Don't worry, we can still see them and make them visible.

Add Comment