User Avatar Image

The game Haunts me

posted by FreddeN93 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

I first found The Walking Dead on Steam a month ago; The first of September to be precise. At first I didn't think much of the game as I've never been into Zombie Apocalypse games, but I heard people talking well about it so I thought I'd give it a try. After the first episode I was hooked. I completed the game in two days' time.

Something brief about me to make more sense; I'm very, and i mean extremely sensitive about children. A parent-character. I can barely manage to see parents yell at their children in stores. :P

This must sound pretty stange to you, but we all know this game is traumatic and I'd like to know if someone else feel the same. After having experienced Episode Five, I can't restore to normal everyday life. The game haunts me in my senses making it difficult for me to concentrate. This has been going on for an entire month now, and the thoughts refuse to let go. I tried to play the game a few times to try to fool my head and eventually make the game look boring and tedious. No luck in that. The soundtrack is stuck in my head, and the worst that can happen is Take Us Back by Alela Diane starting to play in my head. Then my whole day is ruined. I keep telling myself It's Only A Game and try to accept that but not been able to yet. The only ray of light for me right now is Season Two slowly approaching. I'm dying to find out what happend to Clem.

Before I found The Walking Dead I had a lot of games I loved to play; I have not played a single one of them since I started with The Walking Dead. The game also got me into watching the TV-series, (which is the only good thing it did to me I guess). Telltale Games really must add more warnings to this game for sensitive players. It is rated M for 17+ but I think it deserve more. No kitten-thearpy in the world can heal the wound this game mark on you.

What is your take on all of this?

35 Comments
Add Comment