User Avatar Image

Issues with nudity (episode 2)

posted by Neoncloudff on - last edited by Vainamoinen - Viewed by 38.3K users

Hi Telltale. I loved the first episode of TWAU. It's truly inspiring, exciting, and very original.

I loved everything about it until the second episode trailer, when some female nudity was seen outside an area. I think that nudity is an easy way to earn a mature rating, and I feel like it's unnecessary. The game is dark and smart without being obscene and blatantly immature. That is what I loved about your many series. But having nudity for the sake of nudity seems immature and pointless (much like GTAV or others) to character development or story. Please, will you consider keeping everything clothed? Maybe that content was before a final build (since it's rate mature for only partial nudity)?

I just love this dark fantasy world and I want it, in my mind, to stay as smart and truly entertaining as possible. Thanks for your input everyone, and telltale!

279 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Sorry, I just renamed the thread, thinking that "For the love all that is good, please Telltale consider this [episode 2]" was far too long AND gave the forumites not the slightest hint as to the topic of the thread.

As I stated in another thread, the story must provide a reason for showing nudity. If the main character goes to a brothel, the questions you must ask yourself are: Is that really necessary for the narrative? So women are forced to offer their bodies for money in this society of Fables, is it really necessary to dwell on that info? Do we really need this visit to intensify this awareness and shock?

But as soon as you've accepted these plot points, you're good to go. Because IF the protagonist goes to a brothel/strip club, NOT showing naked bodies would be completely prude.

• LOL so people aren't disturbed by the chopped heads and dead bodies in the game but are severely annoyed because there is nudity? lol again.

• it would be a bit odd to go to a strip club and not see nudity, but yeah there doesn't need to be long lingering shots of the nudity or a "look at boobies" option, but really the maturity level depends more on the viewer/player than the content, for the same content one person could be like "OMG, boobies,boobies,boobies!!" and another can be like "I'm in a strip club investigating a crime, now, where is the person i am looking for?" telltale can't decide on how maturely people are going to react to nudity, that's all on the gamer.

• Dude... they dropped F-Bombs in episode 1, less than a handful gets you an R rating in the cinema.

• Why is their even a thread on this. For realz though nudity in them game or nudity not in the game does it actually effect how much any one enjoys the game? Aint no body got time for dat.

• I write what I have already in the other thrad:

It is necessary. Seems like a strip club to me in the episode 2 preview. Ever seen a strip club without nipples? It is a dark, brutal game. Gore and splatter is okay, but some gorgeous female curves aren't? What's wrong with you guys and those double standards. Just don't make a big fuss about that one. I'm sure there won't be a lot of nudity in this game.

Here in Germany brutality is way more critical reviewed than nuditiy. In fact there are beaches (not everyone but a lot) in our country where you can walk around complete nude and nobody cares.

• you americans know that the usa is the country where the most pr0n-movies are being produced, dont you?

• My only issue with the nudity is why wasn't it in episode 1!

• As a woman it didn't bother me in the least bit, I trust Telltale to take the 'tasteful' route with this.

This is a DARK fantasy game, you've got to be ready (or at least a little bit ready) for things you might not be comfortable with. For me, all this violence, brutality, etc, drag me in to the story even more.

A little bit of booby shouldn't distract you from the awesome story!

• I don't see why this is a problem, given the source material. The comic series that this game is based on doesn't shy away from nudity, sex, violence, or profanity. It doesn't glorify those things, but it is a dark and mature series and so this is a dark and mature game. I don't see the cartoon nudity as the game trying to "earn" a mature rating as you put it, I see it as the game treating these things in the same manner that they are treated in the books. Basically, sometimes nudity happens, it's not a big deal. If they made it all squeaky clean it wouldn't be Fables.

Add Comment